iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo

Official Snailboy iOS Launch Trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Snailboy Gameplay

Snailboy Teaser Trailer

I've been following this game thru its development. Unfortunately, can't buy anything until some time next month.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The graphics look pretty nice.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I've been watching the thread for this one for a few weeks now. I was looking forward to it, and I'm buying it now. Looks like a steal for two bucks...

Crazy good visuals on this one! Good luck with sales, devs.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:13 AM

Thanks for the post and good reviews, guys!

Hope you all enjoy the game!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Wow, this thread is inexplicably dead. Is there another thread for the game I'm missing? In any case, I'd love to hear from anyone who's played this through a bit. Is it as good as it looks? Anything good or bad worth noting, and is it IAP driven?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:17 AM

We made another thread here.

You could just read the reviews on the App Store or read one of the many reviews on our website www.thoopid.com
Old 09-30-2013, 03:21 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

*sigh* This isn't a jab at you AnarKitty, but I'm really getting sick of the fact that it's always the same group of people who "take one for the team" time and time again. I held off from buying Snailboy, hoping anyone would post some impressions, and here we are 4 days later and nothing.

I understand it's hard for some people to pay $2 when everything on the App Store is a dollar, but look at this ****ing game. Look at it. The screenshot of the menu has more polish in it than 90% of the games on the App Store. Look at those ****ing graphics! How good does this look? I know people are sick to death of the whole slingshot mechanic and whatnot, but it hasn't been done in ages and the only recent great game to utilize a similar mechanic is Bombcats. I don't know how anyone could say this isn't worth $2.

Now, before anyone gives me the whole "It'll go down to a buck in a week" argument. Perhaps it will...if it isn't getting the attention it deserves. But if it does, there'll be no one to blame but you. Christ, I'm starting to ****ing hate this mentality iOS gamers have. It's gross.

Anyways, Thoopid (can't help but smile every time I say it in my head)...you dudes are from Cape Town, right? That gives me extra initiative to check this out as I love to support developers from all over the world (I'm Lebanese, myself). I've thrown a couple of bucks your way, and I'm stoked for this to finish downloading.

Will I post impressions? Maybe. That depends on how good a mood I'll be in. Just once though, I'd like to see someone, anyone...take the $2 plunge alongside me.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

This DOES look like a well-polished game, though I AM concerned that it may be an IAP fest. We don't appreciate being charged two bucks and then having to get nicked for more as is the case a lot of times, so we wait to hear from someone who's actually played it before jumping in ourselves. No sense for everyone to make the same unnecessary mistakes. That's what this site is about, right?
And MC, geez, dude, you gotta calm down! Everybody's just doing the same thing you are and looking for some impressions! If this game deserves a good bump, maybe you should be posting some since you bought it! Is it any good? Is it full of IAP? Are the controls good? If you think it's great, others might too! But who knows? How we gonna know if nobody says anything? That's the way it's always been around here! It's what we do is give our opinions here. Maybe you need a little break. Job's getting to you or something. Seems like you're getting a bit jaded, man.

Last edited by bigrand1; 09-30-2013 at 05:02 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 05:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

There's an article on a german website and it says the gameplay is good but you only have a limited number of lives. I don't know if they force you to buy them with IAP or just let you wait until you get more lives. Both sucks. There are also only 45 Levels.