★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is Solomon Dark Still a Thing?

09-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Is Solomon Dark Still a Thing?

Raptisoft has been quiet for months. The Raptisoft forums have been completely unattended and are now just a spam repository. I used to beta test for him so I even tried logging into the beta forum and it is defunct (it's certainly possible he switched to using testflight and email). There is no news anywhere that I can find since the teaser video earlier this year. I'm desperate for information. Anyone have any?
09-29-2013, 08:36 PM
I wish I knew. John hasn't responded to the thread on here in many months. From the way he was talking then, the game should have been out by now. I hope to God it is still being released. There isn't another title I'm looking forward to more.

09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I've been very anxious for it be released too, and badly hope it still will be. If anyone hears from him, let us know!
10-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Yup I've been waiting for this too. Been breaking out Solomon's Boneyard again for kicks.
10-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Seriously I need an update on this game. Get it together rapti.
10-25-2013, 02:06 AM
Wasn't Solomon Dark supposed to be release around October last year? Whatever happened to it? Or... to the dev? I don't mean to jinx, but...

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
10-25-2013, 03:26 AM
One of the comments on the Solomon Dark gameplay video on Youtube:
" I don't want to ask for a release date because I feel like developers hate that. I was wondering if we could possibly get an update video? If that's not possible, even a reply to this comment would be bomb. Thanks Raptisoft "

They replied " Hi there... I haven't posted an updated video for one big reason: anything new I put into the video would be a spoiler (i.e. would reveal a monster or something unlockable). Now, I could put out a video that would be fairly dull-- i.e. it'd just be gameplay... but who wants to see that?

As for release, things have gone a little slowly this fall, but I'm almost ready to commit to some hard dates. It will be beta (open) sometime in Nov, and release when nobody reports any more bugs. "

They said this yesterday, so it looks like Solomon Dark is still a thing.
10-25-2013, 04:06 AM
^ That's great, sad it couldn't meet the Halloween season, but at least it's nearly finished

To be frank I was hoping for a revamp of Keep, but more Solomon is all good!

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
10-25-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm glad to hear that Raptisoft have arisen from the dev grave and commented on the game's status. This year, I hope?
11-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Time to check in on this game, we need an update. Open beta said to be November and here we are. Grab ur pitchforks gentlemen, we demand Solomon Dark!