★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Atom-Alarm

07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Atom-Alarm

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I found this game on AppShopper but the description was written in German, so I translated it using Google Translator. I haven't tried the game yet, but the description is confusing and hilarious. Check it out:

Atomic Alarm
ATOM-ALARM!

The sun is shining, the birds chirp. Your nuclear power (NPP) hums to himself, diligently and produces electricity.
Everything is in order then?

Von wegen! Because your reactor is threatened by serious accidents. Therefore:
PROTECT YOUR nuclear!

... before the earthquake, against which your reactor shell inadequately protects!

... before the suicide planes, which take your power if you do not even approaching wegklickst!

... before nuclear waste problems, because your dangerous nuclear power produces nuclear waste at current band!

... before fatigue, the vital components of your nuclear power plants leads to cracks unnoticed!

... before the meltdown, when the temperature of the fuel rods due to human failure on the critical point schrammt and cooling systems fail!

A year do you play, but your reactor will not be younger and the incidents are piling up. After a few years you have all hands full to do - and even millions of years before you, so long as the garbage radiates!

Germany's first nuclear App brings lasting radiation on each monitor. And proof, after a short playing time that the dinosaurs and nuclear energy today is not to control - and therefore in the national election on 27.9. there should be, where they have always belongs: on the dunghill of history!

ATOM-ALARM is an iPhone app of the Federation for Environment and Conservation Germany (BUND). More info about the campaign "Deselect nuclear!" is available on the website bund.net / elections

Link to the game: http://appshopper.com/link/atom-alarm
07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
This one is a blast!

Literally!

No matter what I do the plant explodes on me.

You click on the planes and barrels to get rid of them, and on the horizon to stop the earthquakes. You click on cracks on the plant to stop them as well, but there has to be something else going on as I usually die about 20 seconds into the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Von wegen! Fahrfegnugen! Lieben mein abshminkey!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Von wegen! Fahrfegnugen! Lieben mein abshminkey!
No reason to be rude...

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Jeep View Post
No reason to be rude...
What did I say? No, seriously...what did I say? I have no idea.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
What did I say? No, seriously...what did I say? I have no idea.
Haha, he was kidding. Note the smiley face.
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodfan15 View Post
Haha, he was kidding. Note the smiley face.
I was kidding too. I just put gibberish up there. The first came from the game description. The second is a probably misspelled word from an old VolksWagon advertisement. The third is a probably misspelled phrase Mike Myers used to say as Deiter on the old SNL "Sprockets" sketch, if you remember that.