★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stock Racing-High Speed 3D

07-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Stock Racing-High Speed 3D

Price-$1.99/1.19

High speed 3D stock racing is now on the IPhone! This exciting arcade racing title is another hit from Tiny Utopia, bringing you back to the fun of classic racing titles like Super Sprint. Check out the incredible features below and remember that "rubbin' is racin'!"

Precision Handling
Unique accelerometer steering allows for ultra-responsive vehicle handling and acceleration so you can out drive your competition simply by tilting your IPhone/Ipod Touch!

True 3D Circuits
With real time vehicle physics provided by the Ageia PhysX engine, no 2 races will be the same. Test your driving skill as you progress through a season of 10 different unlock-able 3D modeled racetrack environments.

High Score
Improve your driving skill by lowering your fastest time on your favorite speedway.

Featuring:
* True 3D terrain tracks
* Realistic vehicle physics with the Ageia PhysX engine
* Dynamic 3D positional Audio
* 5 Different Adaptive AI opponents
*10 total tracks of varying difficulty (9 unlock-able)
* Unique accelerometer controls allow you to steer your stock car in 3D

Last edited by THE STUD; 07-30-2009 at 06:12 PM.
07-30-2009, 06:10 PM
That's a pretty harsh comment the first reviewer left...

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.

07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
To be fair, it doesn't look that good. Just from the screenshots I can see:

- Really low resolution textures
- Low poly count vehicles
- The cars seem to be floating a few inches off the ground
- Faux NASCAR-style logo
- Flat textured grandstands (the people are all wallpaper)
- Short distance detail textures

Granted, that alone isn't worthy of the harsh first review there, but based purely on looks, it ain't five star material.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
I have to admit it looks pretty cool. I'm a sucker when it comes to top down racing games (or isometric).

Current: iPhone 6S, new 3DS, Vita
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
To be even more fair, I tried out their formula racing game which is basically the same game under a different skin, and it was, how do I put this, very lacking. The controls needs work and I was even able to drive across roads like a farmer on moonshine. So I don't hold out too much hope for this version.
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
To be even more fair, I tried out their formula racing game which is basically the same game under a different skin, and it was, how do I put this, very lacking. The controls needs work and I was even able to drive across roads like a farmer on moonshine. So I don't hold out too much hope for this version.
Thats a shame. I'm still looking towards a good top down racing game. Nano Rally is somewhat doing a decent job for me.

Something from one of my favorite DS games, Retro Game Challenge!

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Did anybody else notice a lot of the cars have the same numbers on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLancer View Post
Thats a shame. I'm still looking towards a good top down racing game. Nano Rally is somewhat doing a decent job for me.

Something from one of my favorite DS games, Retro Game Challenge!
YouTube: video
That game brings back some memories of f1 race on the original gameboy.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCRX View Post
That game brings back some memories of f1 race on the original gameboy.
I remember that! I played this MSX one. I absolutely love it. There was a freeware remake floating around...

Youtube link | Pop Up

I remember one of the companies was porting MSX games over... but I guess that stopped.

But back to the topic, Aegia PhysX engine? Thats surprising for something on an iPhone/iPod Touch.

07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLancer View Post
I remember that! I played this MSX one. I absolutely love it. There was a freeware remake floating around...
YouTube: video

I remember one of the companies was porting MSX games over... but I guess that stopped.

But back to the topic, Aegia PhysX engine? Thats surprising for something on an iPhone/iPod Touch.
That has alot more options than f-1 original did. I might try it.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote: