Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Dead Man's Draw by Stardock (Universal)

For us PC gamers, we already know Stardock's great reputation with strategy games, and now they've staked their first foray into the iOS world. Based on a fun little card game featured in Epic Fantasy Civilization 4 mod, Fall from Heaven, but now all glossed up!

Yowza is this game amazing! Sure it is just that push your luck card draw game at its core but the game is INCREDIBLY slick looking and each of the suit's powers (unlocked 1 at a time on leveling your character) add some very cool strategic twists to the gameplay. Also, worth noting, as opposed to Farkle's dice, since your luck is based on open card draws, there is definitely room for some sneaky card counting (while I'm hoping to replace my lowly 4 of Anchors, I know that the 5 and 7 of Anchors have already been played...).

On top of the suit powers, it appears that characters (which you play and opponents) might have some clever powers (I haven't seen any yet this early in the game) that need to be recharged between uses.

The IAP seems to be of a coin doubler nature (since gold is your exp and what recharges your powers, 2x means progressing quicker) for $1.99 and coin packs (the coin packs seem pretty unnecessary at this point).

Last edited by VeganTnT; 10-22-2013 at 11:22 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

It looks interesting. I'll buy later today.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM

Thanks for posting, let me know if there's any questions or comments I can pass along.

We also have a trailer here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMpy...0oNX51guypaYhw

Last edited by IslandDog; 10-02-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandDog View Post
Thanks for posting, let me know if there's any questions or comments I can pass along.

We also have a trailer here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMpy...0oNX51guypaYhw
Welcome to the forum and, dang, Stardock was not slumming it with their debut product in the AppStore, thanks!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM

We appreciate that ,really. Being the first jump into mobile I'm glad to see people already enjoying.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:46 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Looks awesome. Will definitely be getting this soon.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:03 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:

Will be buying this later today.

BIG QUESTION:

I, as I'm sure many others, would love to see Gal Civ ported to iOS. Any thoughts, plans on this happening. *crossing fingers*

Thanks

Last edited by dhgamer; 10-02-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:

Oh, a hopefully even simpler question, Island Dog, is the Coin Doubler a permanent or consumable IAP? Basically I need this game on both my iPhone and iPad but am hoping I only need to pay for the Coin Doubler once.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Bought and played through a few games. I usually avoid "push your luck" games but there is a level of strategy involved that makes for some intriguing gameplay. Good stuff!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Dev here ...we love to hear that everyone's having fun with the game! Thanks for checking it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Oh, a hopefully even simpler question, Island Dog, is the Coin Doubler a permanent or consumable IAP? Basically I need this game on both my iPhone and iPad but am hoping I only need to pay for the Coin Doubler once.
The Coin Doubler is permanent. Once you buy it, you can get it for free on your other iOS device as long as you're using the same account.

Just go through the purchase process on the second device and once you OK the purchase you'll get a pop-up saying you already own it and hit OK to download for free.

*Don't use the "Restore" button in the store as we unfortunately have a bug with it we'll be fixing in our next update.