Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Get Gravel! Arcade Rally Racer OUT NOW

Hey guys and gals,

I'm pleased to announce the arrival of Get Gravel!

Enjoy!

Last edited by POLYGAMe; 10-02-2013 at 03:20 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 8.x

played a bit last night, I quite like it, nice detail and a bit of fun, I have only just started on the rookie level with the mini, so my impressions are very brief.... but I did notice there is no engine sound, is that intentional or a bug. I think this has a lot of potential, for me though the lack of engine sound really takes away from the game.

edit: just saw your reply in the upcoming thread...cheers, for 99c this is a no brainer for me, a fun pick up and play rally racer that looks and plays nice.

Last edited by GPS; 10-02-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 03:38 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Congrats...Going to buy now.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:49 PM

I've enjoyed the handful of isometric view rally racers I've tried. I think the first was by Atari.
Anyways, I've only played a little of this. From what I have, it's pretty good.
A handful of control options are available. Always a bonus.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
played a bit last night, I quite like it, nice detail and a bit of fun, I have only just started on the rookie level with the mini, so my impressions are very brief.... but I did notice there is no engine sound, is that intentional or a bug. I think this has a lot of potential, for me though the lack of engine sound really takes away from the game.

edit: just saw your reply in the upcoming thread...cheers, for 99c this is a no brainer for me, a fun pick up and play rally racer that looks and plays nice.
Yeah, I'm at a loss as to what happened there, it's fine in the Unity editor and on Mac. Just checked on my 3GS and engine noise is working but there is that click. I must have changed something in the latest build and simply not noticed on device. Oops! Will check on iPad too. Either way, will sort it ASAP.

Glad you're enjoying it, though
Old 10-02-2013, 04:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
Yeah, I'm at a loss as to what happened there, it's fine in the Unity editor and on Mac. Just checked on my 3GS and engine noise is working but there is that click. I must have changed something in the latest build and simply not noticed on device. Oops! Will check on iPad too. Either way, will sort it ASAP.

Glad you're enjoying it, though
I'm getting the click on a 4S as well, and the engine sound is there but sounds very muffled. Pitch rises when the car turns left/right which is odd... Not really impressed with the way the car handles after a couple of goes either; I expected to be drifting around corners but it sticks to the road unrealistically well. Not very positive impressions overall, after an initial ten minutes or so with this.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Downloading now......... iPad4 impressions in a while.

Right I've only played the first two races as the mini but the sound effects work for me on iPad4, the controls work fine,
But the one thing I think that's missing is an arrow on the top of the screen that's usually there in rally games, telling you how tight the next bend is going to be.
Other than the missing arrow it's looking cool.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 10-02-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I'm getting the click on a 4S as well, and the engine sound is there but sounds very muffled. Pitch rises when the car turns left/right which is odd... Not really impressed with the way the car handles after a couple of goes either; I expected to be drifting around corners but it sticks to the road unrealistically well. Not very positive impressions overall, after an initial ten minutes or so with this.
Yeah, will fix it as soon ad poss. It's a weird one as it's find in simulator and in Unity...

As for the car drifting, it does but not as much as the later cars that are much faster. The first car is deliberately slower and easier to control to ease people into it, though on some of the tighter tracks it drifts quite nicely Engine noise is mapped to the wheels, so as they lose traction, the engine revs higher. Funny you mentioned that though, as I was just thinking yesterday that I'm going to map it to the car's velocity instead, as the revving can seem odd at times.

Thanks for your impressions
Old 10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Downloading now......... iPad4 impressions in a while.

Right I've only played the first two races as the mini but the sound effects work for me on iPad4, the controls work fine,
But the one thing I think that's missing is an arrow on the top of the screen that's usually there in rally games, telling you how tight the next bend is going to be.
Other than the missing arrow it's looking cool.
Yeah, fine on my iPad4 too! Weird! Funny you should mention the arrow, it's actually set up in the game code, art assets and all! We actually took it out because during testing, we found that the arrow confused people, due to the nature of the car facing all different directions... people used to these types of games were fine but noobs crashed a lot. Lol. Might put it back in as an option. Also toying with voice guidance
Old 10-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
Yeah, fine on my iPad4 too! Weird! Funny you should mention the arrow, it's actually set up in the game code, art assets and all! We actually took it out because during testing, we found that the arrow confused people, due to the nature of the car facing all different directions... people used to these types of games were fine but noobs crashed a lot. Lol. Might put it back in as an option. Also toying with voice guidance
Ooo voice would be cool, I'm an experienced rally/car game player so it's not really a big deal with the missing arrow, it's just weird it not being there.

Just started the second championship, it's probably worth mentioning that you can quit the championship and continue where you left off as it's not really said anywhere, first championship I thought I had to do it all in one go.