Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Tanto Cuore - (by Playdek, Inc.) [Universal]

Finally here, and currently available in most app stores around the world.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
iPhone 4

....there's gonna be some mixed responses.
I'll prob give it a go.
Onwards and upwards playdek!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So other than the tacky art, is the actual gameplay compelling? Dominion-lite or somewhat original?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So other than the tacky art, is the actual gameplay compelling? Dominion-lite or somewhat original?
It's largely a maid-themed Dominion, yes (which isn't a bad thing, given that the only iOS alternatives are the long-pulled unofficial app and Goko's mess), but as far as a comparison of the base games go, Tanto Cuore is actually slightly more complex than Dominion, not less.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I've bought every Playdek title but I am definitely passing on this. If my wife saw this on my ipad she would think I'm some sicko, obsessed with little girls dressed as maids. I can't speak to the game itself but I seriously doubt it competes with Ascension. Buying this game is just not worth all the "No, it's a real board game, you know how much I love board games" arguments I would have to make.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Card game for girl?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Well, that was unexpected. I think I might wait for a sale on this one.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

For all those wondering, it's based on a real card game, here's the link on boardgamegeek:

Tanto Cuore

It's got pretty okay reviews, but I think this one is going to likely sit alongside Food fight and Fluxx as the PlayDek games no one talks about.

All that's happening though, especially with Goko's implementation, is that we are going to lose everything good about Ascension next year. And because there's no head to head, and it's ALLLL server based, I won't be able to play with my wife, and no swapping the iPad back and forth just isn't feasible.

Ugh, I'm terrified of 2014
Old 10-03-2013, 12:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Our circle of "let's buy niche games and gather to play what we've found monthly" has been curious about this one for awhile to see if there was actually a game within the artwork, especially after finding out it had a couple of expansions. None of us could ever justify spending the $50+ on something we might only play once, though. (Epecially when we could track pick up Ascension: Rise of Vigil instead for half that cost.)

But we'll definitely throw down $2.99 to satisfy our curiosity via a "virtual" version of the game.

Just hope it's early morning Thursday issues and not a problem with the app itself that has it currently telling me it's "no longer available in the App Store."
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
Our circle of "let's buy niche games and gather to play what we've found monthly" has been curious about this one for awhile to see if there was actually a game within the artwork, especially after finding out it had a couple of expansions.
If you've played Dominion you'll have a good handle on TC, which plays in a very similar fashion.

Quote:
Just hope it's early morning Thursday issues and not a problem with the app itself that has it currently telling me it's "no longer available in the App Store."
A lot of people over on BGG have been having trouble with a number of new release apps in the past couple of hours (including TC and Pandemic), but according to Apple's system status page this is due to an issue with the app store itself.