Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Default EMPIRE: The Deck Building Strategy Game

EMPIRE is a super-elegant 4X strategy game that uses elements from deckbuilding games like Dominion or Ascension combined with turn-based tactics. It was just released today on the App Store:

Please check out our website at: http://empire-game.net/
Or come chat with us at our forums: http://www.dinofarmgames.com/forum/i...ums/empire.12/

Last edited by keithburgun; 10-06-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 10-05-2013, 03:21 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithburgun View Post
We have tons of plans for the game in terms of future content additions, balance patches, extra game modes, and other support.
Plan for online asynchronous multiplayer, and I think quite a few heads would perk up

With our without, this looks very interesting.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This sounds extremely interesting. 4X deck building procedurally generated tactical turn based game? That's like all of my favourite flavours mixed into one!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Huh. At a glance, I can't really tell exactly WHAT this is going to be most focused on in terms of gameplay elements, since there are so many different concepts thrown into a blender and set on purée.

I'll probably give it a try out of curiosity - $3 is within my "mad money" budget for this weekend.

(Currently your forums don't seem to be sending out confirmation e-mails, or I'm stuck in the usual "weekend delay lag" for the e-mails getting from Point A to Point B.)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

With Ayjona on this one, think games like these need multiplayer, preferably async.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Please remember that begging for promo codes is not ok.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Don't beg. Not cool. Wow mods are on fire tonight!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:03 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Let me get this straight...

- 4x strategy
- deck builder
- creator of 100 rogues

Instabuy!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Bought! Will give imps after I have played a bit.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:03 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I beta tested Empire and really liked it. It reminds me of Civilization (in turn based interface along with resource management empire building) with a randomized card selection component. There's a little bit of a learning curve but it mostly boils down to menu/card based resource management. Ever week/turn your cities gathers resources from lands directly around it varying by land type. Cities need food to grow (food storage determines city upgrade), materials pay for soldiers (but material storage is limited to 200). Every so often per city (when you get an upgrade with 100 food) you can chose to explore tiles around the edge of the map by decreasing fog of war by 1, upgrade city (increasing post-combat card booty, reducing army costs, etc), or building a settler for additional city. There is a corruption called "desolation" that creeps up and you must defend against monsters it spawns or the toll it takes on your lands (which ultimately competes with you for resources collectively destroying settlements so you've got to keep a move). You have to pull resources from the land them relocate while defending against corruption. Combat is turn based on a square grid with 4 cards that become available to determine special buffs/debuffs commands (some passive, some requiring action). Units move in a limited pattern (which can be altered by cards) until they get in range with enemies (sort of an automatic turn based scrolling rather than free reign). "Strife" cards are added to the deck with casualties and block off that spot from drawing any helpful card. Battle victory can reward additional cards. It's an interesting game with some nice design touches are a bit of depth (yet streamlined) well worth $3.

Last edited by undeadcow; 10-05-2013 at 06:26 PM..