★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Glare from Phobic Studios

10-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Glare from Phobic Studios

Hello Touch Arcade! :-)

We're getting ready to release our latest game, Glare, next week!

A few of you might remember us, we've been a long time developer of iOS games, and now we're branching out onto some new platforms. Glare will be out on Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux on October 10th, followed by the Mac App Store and other distribution platforms in the preceding weeks.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions, there's more info and screenshots available on Steam @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/243140 or our wbsite http://www.glaregame.com
10-07-2013, 05:12 PM
No one's excited about this? This game looks awesome. Counting down the days for the Steam release

10-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
No one's excited about this? This game looks awesome. Counting down the days for the Steam release
I played this at GDC this year and it was awesome - I'm super excited for it!
10-08-2013, 10:46 AM
You were the ones who developed Bounce On 1 and 2, right? Two of my favourite games, but I can't seem to play #1 on my iphone (boo hoo - sad).

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
10-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
You were the ones who developed Bounce On 1 and 2, right? Two of my favourite games, but I can't seem to play #1 on my iphone (boo hoo - sad).
Yep! We love making platformers!

There's an update in review for Bounce On that should fix issues with iOS 7 :-)
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Awesome!

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
10-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Almost finished my review, so I'll post my impressions here in a few. In short: it's fun and has a great art style but is kind of short.
10-12-2013, 05:11 PM
My impressions:
Quote:
Wield the power of light to fight and platform your way across infested worlds in the action platformer Glare.

In Glare, you control a being composed entirely of light and armed with a projectile-firing Gauntlet and the illuminating Glare. An alien race threatens the universe and you must cleanse their corrupting presence from five varied worlds. Glare is equal parts action shooter and acrobatic platformer. Fluid controls allow you to wall-jump, slide, bounce, and zip-line over hazards and gaps and throughout your journey, you'll be attacked by a variety of enemies, from hordes of piranha like creatures to energy-firing stalks. The light of your Glare is your greatest ally, able to keep enemies at bay, reflect bullets, and activate special technology to help you along your path.

Perhaps Glare's greatest aspects are its art style and environments. Varied, colorful, atmospheric, you'll be traversing the branches of a rain-soaked canopy, braving a sandstorm, and more. The game sports a distinctive perspective, in that you move around the curvature of each world and continue to descend deeper into the interior of the planets in an attempt to reach their corrupted cores.

I did find Glare on the short side, around four or five hours, which may some may consider too short for the current price. Also besides finding well-hidden amulets, there isn't much replay value; I don't consider that a flaw since the worlds are interesting to explore and the game continues to build on its mechanics.
10-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaswills View Post
Yep! We love making platformers!

There's an update in review for Bounce On that should fix issues with iOS 7 :-)
Update is out, as you probably already know. I have a follow up question/concern to the previous poster's post... Will the Bounce On series be getting any updates, as in widescreen support? I believe Bounce On 1 now has widescreen when you actually begin playing a level, but Bounce On 2 does not, sadly.

Thinking some old, but great games get some lovin' anytime?

"You've gotta love the game. To become good, you need to live it and sleep it.

Game Center ID: GoldenBoyJC
10-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Any plans on bringing this ti iOS?