★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quarqa released

07-31-2009, 06:49 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 20
Quarqa released

Hello,

this is my first post on Touch Arcade

I Just wanted to let you know that I recently released Quarqa.



Quarqa is my first iPhone game to get me into iPhone development. It's a simple puzzler/boardgame that allows you to play a quick game and have fun when you have some time to kill, like on the bus or the train.



You can play against different opponents. Each has its own strategy. Because the board is generated randomly, each game is different and when the board is against you, it gets much harder to beat your opponent.



While playing, you'll see increasingly more from the hand-drawn background images. If you win, the entire image will be revealed.

You can find all information, including an explanation of how the game works, at the website.

Direct link to iTunes.
07-31-2009, 06:52 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 240
Looks like a good start to the app business. I'm not very good at puzzlers like this, but best of luck. I like the graphics by the way.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.

07-31-2009, 07:03 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,710
I like this kind of game. Does the game have statistics (winnings/losses)?

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-31-2009, 08:04 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I like this kind of game. Does the game have statistics (winnings/losses)?
I like how you think there, Carlos, I asked the same thing and was told, "No".

Perhaps this is something the dev can add in an update?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-31-2009, 08:16 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Just read the description and it sounds great to me. I love the puzzle games!

Has anyone TOFTT yet?
07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I like how you think there, Carlos, I asked the same thing and was told, "No".

Perhaps this is something the dev can add in an update?
Hey LordGek, didn't know that was you

I had already written your suggestion down for a future update. This is my first iPhone production, but it is also the first game I ever released. So I'm still learning.

One of these things I hope to learn is what people like and what they don't like in a game, so any feedback is welcome, both positive and negative. My future games will only get better for it and through updates existing apps may benefit as well.
07-31-2009, 08:20 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCRX View Post
Looks like a good start to the app business. I'm not very good at puzzlers like this, but best of luck. I like the graphics by the way.
Thanks, I'll let the graphics-guy know
07-31-2009, 08:30 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 12
I wish developers would participate in the community a little more before posting only after their game comes out. It seems to me that once the game is finished, they go around to every board they can find and spam it with "I'm new here but I just finished a game". How about a teaser post during development to let us know that you are working on something. Maybe invite a couple members of the community a chance to beta test and provide feedback? I think developers will find that building a fanbase before the game is released is more beneficial than just releasing the game out of the blue.

But that is just my two cents.
07-31-2009, 08:36 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onno View Post
Hey LordGek, didn't know that was you

I had already written your suggestion down for a future update. This is my first iPhone production, but it is also the first game I ever released. So I'm still learning.

One of these things I hope to learn is what people like and what they don't like in a game, so any feedback is welcome, both positive and negative. My future games will only get better for it and through updates existing apps may benefit as well.
I do think the concept and art are very cool and something hopefully as minor as tracking the win/loss per opponent would make it an instant sale for me at least.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-31-2009, 08:37 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I wish developers would participate in the community a little more before posting only after their game comes out. It seems to me that once the game is finished, they go around to every board they can find and spam it with "I'm new here but I just finished a game". How about a teaser post during development to let us know that you are working on something. Maybe invite a couple members of the community a chance to beta test and provide feedback? I think developers will find that building a fanbase before the game is released is more beneficial than just releasing the game out of the blue.

But that is just my two cents.
This falls under the same category as promo code giveaways.

We know of an optimal way to do things because we have gone through so many game previews, reviews, betas, releases, giveaways, etc

But no one can tell a dev how to do things. Maybe the dev didn't know about TA until very recently. Or maybe this release and our discussion on it will help persuade the dev to come back when the next project starts production (and I sure hope it does)