★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Masks! Spandex! Wrestling! Weapons! Zombies!

What better defense against a Zombie apocalypse than oily masked men jumping around in spandex!?

Lucha Zombie combines classic side scrolling action fighting games, wrestling and Zombie genres in one game.

The spotlight shines down on you in the main event. Your burly opponent smells worse than usual. His groaning makes you unsure of whether or not his tights are on too... tight. In an unusual wrestling move, if there ever is such a thing, he tries to take a big bite off your head! His green skin tone clashes with his yellow tights, and underneath his ripped mask you begin to see the real monster behind it. As you look around the arena, those adoring fans who were once screaming for you, are now screaming at you as they have slowly transformed into flesh eating Zombies.

You are completely surrounded in the ring and must fight your way out in the biggest battle royal of your life! How long can you survive?!

FEATURES
- Simple, pick-up-and-play arcade action
- Fight off hordes of enemies from all sides
- Hard hitting and high flying attacks
- Chain together moves and attacks for bonuses
- Pose and strut in front of the crowd to get them going
- Classic Wrestling related weapons
- Cage match to help lock Zombies out
- Light your Zombies up with some pyro
- Get your Zombies dizzy with arena lights
- 12 playable characters, each with their own unique personality
- Full Game Center integration, including achievements and leader boards

sbvstudios's comments:

Masks! Spandex! Wrestling! Weapons! Zombies!

DESCRIPTION
You play a flamboyant Masked Luchadore, skilled in exciting aerial maneuvers and extraordinary acrobatics. As you're in the ring, everything around you seems normal as fans cheer you on. Your opponent starts groaning... and you realize he's turned into a flesh eating Zombie. You look around the arena, and soon realize the entire arena has started to turn. You're now battling in a different kind of main event!

You'll be fighting off Zombies from all corners. Completely surrounded in the ring, staying alive for as long as possible in the biggest battle royal of your life! How long can you survive?!

FEATURES
- Hard hitting and high flying attacks
- Chain together moves and attacks for bonuses
- Pose and strut in front of the crowd in a mini-game
- Classic Wrestling related weapons (barbwire bat, steel chair, tables etc)
- Cage match to help lock Zombies out
- Light your Zombies up with some pyro
- Get your Zombies dizzy with arena lights
- 12 playable characters, each with their own unique personality
- Full Game Center integration

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lucha-zombie/id674032110?ls=1&mt=8
Promo Codes: J6APAJNWYHA6 | EH7ELFEAKH6K | 6TFXR9R7L9KP

Feedback is always appreciated! Thanks for viewing!
10-07-2013, 01:36 PM
All promo codes gone without any thanks :|

Game look very interesting

10-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malth View Post
All promo codes gone without any thanks :|

Game look very interesting
Can't be bothered to so thank you for the promo code? That's sad

Drat!
10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I took the first code, thanks.

You tap inside the ring to move your character. Select your attack at the bottom of the screen, you can perform different tricks to kill the incoming zombies or you use steel chairs, ladders, tables. You can also activate the cage so that no zombies can enter the ring for a few seconds. Some zombies are stronger and need to get hit twice before they die.
Seems like all 12 wrestlers are unlocked from the beginning so there should be no IAP. Goal of the game is to stay alive for as long as possible. There is a game center integration with leaderboards and 25 achievements but the achievements are not working for me. That's just the impressions after 15 minutes of playing.
If you're a wrestling fan (I'm looking at you ooooomonkey) you should get it, it's fun and worth your buck. Nothing you will play for the next weeks, but still enjoyable. Graphics are also pretty nice. Installed size is 545mb.
Maybe the dev can add some upgrades for the different wrestlers?!

Game Center: sink_or_swim
10-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post

You tap inside the ring to move your character. Select your attack at the bottom of the screen, you can perform different tricks to kill the incoming zombies or you use steel chairs, ladders, tables. You can also activate the cage so that no zombies can enter the ring for a few seconds. Some zombies are stronger and need to get hit twice before they die.
Seems like all 12 wrestlers are unlocked from the beginning so there should be no IAP. Goal of the game is to stay alive for as long as possible. There is a game center integration with leaderboards and 25 achievements but the achievements are not working for me. That's just the impressions after 15 minutes of playing.
If you're a wrestling fan (I'm looking at you ooooomonkey) you should get it, it's fun and worth your buck. Nothing you will play for the next weeks, but still enjoyable. Graphics are also pretty nice. Installed size is 545mb.
Hello, yes, you are correct, there are no IAP features and we don't plan to have any. There will be some future updates we're working on that include the following:

- Tag team co-op action
- Additional luchadores
- Additional attacks

Eventually, we are also looking to have a unique attack for each luchadore that matches with their personality.
10-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post

Oooo I heard my name... I'm here and ready for any glimpse of wrestling action. Woah file size seem a bit large but ill give it a go since it's been recommended

Edit: downloading now.......
10-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Wow big thanks to sink or swim for recommending this,
This is awesome, kind of like those 2D defence type games but as a wrestler in a ring fending off zombies there's quite a few different moves to do all with there own cool down timer and the animations are all pretty sweet.
Like sink or swim said you just tap the move then tap the enemy and it's as simple as that, choose your move choose your enemy and repeat.

My only complaint is that it's far... Far to easy I've just lasted 18 minutes on my first play and went straight to number 1 and the only reason I died is because the buttons stopped working
Also the achievements don't look like they are unlocking but that's not something I'm bothered about.

Over all though great game for the price.
I think the moves could do with a longer cool down to make it harder and to force you to switch between the move sets as right now there's one move that resets so fast you could just keep using the same move again and again.
With an update or two this will be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	64415  
10-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Wrestling with zombie, seem legit lolz, i grab it cause some impression above
10-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'll make sure we revisit these for future updates!
10-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Working on a patch, in the meantime... 3 more promo codes!

TNENR9MTA3M6

YKEMJHPPLPYL

9PR37F7XMF3J

Enjoy!