★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Isotope: Game discussion

07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
Isotope: Game discussion

What ships and module/ability combinations do you use in Isotope? I use the Ju, a laser ship, with Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Omega modules, with level 3 heal ability. Anyone has any opinions on what's the best combo to use? To achieve different purposes, for example, the best combo for quick leveling, or the best combo for combat, etc. And just any general ideas. I didn't see any threads for this game besides the release thread, and there's a lot of stuff to talk about here. So yeah.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
07-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I use the healing satellite

For the abilities I use Stop Time, Mega Laser, Plasma Field and either Bomb or Healing

I like to play with Ju, Cass or Zirconium.

If you want to earn fast experience or credits then the easiest way is the last level of epsilon with a level 3 mega laser. You can do this even with a level 1 ship, and get heaps of experience.

Otherwise the very last level with Stop time, Plasma Field, Bomb and Mega Laser is even better for getting credits, once you can beat the boss quickly enough.

08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Shen you madman. 472 million!! With Ju no less. Is it really that much better than Cass, or are you just a crazy pilot? I'm on 175 mil with Cass :P

But yeah Sierra, Modules are obvious, for Abilities I like Mega Laser, Stop, Plasma Aura & Bullet Break (mostly used in Survival!). The Heal satellite is great for Survival as well.

For levelling, Like Shen said, last mission of Epsilon is great. I use it for the first bunch of levels, then play the last mission of Theta for the remaining levels. For that one I just use Stop and Mega Laser when he goes green. Takes a few tries but the levels come quick!

For cash, second last map of Theta is what I tend to play. Nice and fast & doesn't take too long before you have more money than you know what to do with!

Survival, start at level 90 and go nuts... I'm still a bit of a noob in that area. I think we need Shen to spill some beans on how he got that high score of his!!
08-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Actually, the Ju really is extremely powerful. Modules are pretty obvious, and my choice of abilities is quite similar to yours, Renz. I saw Shen at the top with 400+ million, lol. How on earth do you get that high?

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
08-01-2009, 09:42 AM
wow i can't even beat the second level

Tips?
08-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Second level? Um, try replaying the first level and upgrading your ship. Or, since you're at the second level only, restart and try easy.

08-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I think it just takes some getting lucky with the bosses and turrets.

Right now Ju is a bit nicer for me to play, because the boss worm has millions of hit points, and takes forever to beat. The laser can focus right on his head the whole time, unlike the spread guns, where lots of the bullets end up missing.

The main things that kill me on survival are the circle boss (I use stop time and mega laser for him too), and red turrets.

I try to start each level at the bottom of the screen, about 3 squares in from the side and 2 from the bottom, so things don't spawn directly under you.

Also, don't shy away from using your abilities. It is no good if you die and still have a bunch of powers you could have used.
08-01-2009, 09:50 AM
ONLINE MULTIPLAYER SHOULD BE ADDED!!!

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
08-01-2009, 09:51 AM
well i'm on beta and krypton is kinda hard
08-01-2009, 09:53 AM
You can farm points in levels with the yellow multiplying things.