★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Why or Why Not will you be getting NFS: Undercover when it arrives?

12-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Why or Why Not will you be getting NFS: Undercover when it arrives?

For me the Pros of getting it are- The graphics are considered a level above all seen before on iPhone
It's a big label console game which I own many of

Cons- It is getting dragged out so much, slow release date is turning people away
Bad reviews of the console versions could affect how many people are willing to risk it

Well I'm going to buy it, what about you?
12-11-2008, 05:36 AM
buying it definitely!

12-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
I doubt I will grab it on impulse, or at all, but if it proves worthy of 13 bucks, then I might get it.
PROS:
Graphics (doubt they will be "the BEST" as claimed, as Fastlane looks pretty damn good.. but graphics don't make the game.),
It's NFS.. nuf said.

CONS:
AUTO ACCEL.! WHY?! I have RT and that too has auto accelerator with accelorometer controls, and that completely ruins the experience.
Lack of story. One word comes to mind with a game without a story: ghey.

I think the cons are worse than the pros, so I doubt it will end up on my gamepage, unless I am utterly convinced it is AWESOME. Somehow, I believe it will fall hopelessly short of the hype.
12-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Thats a good point Paulio, alot of people will get this game on impulse just because of its name
12-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
I doubt I will grab it on impulse, or at all, but if it proves worthy of 13 bucks, then I might get it.
PROS:
Graphics (doubt they will be "the BEST" as claimed, as Fastlane looks pretty damn good.. but graphics don't make the game.),
It's NFS.. nuf said.

CONS:
AUTO ACCEL.! WHY?! I have RT and that too has auto accelerator with accelorometer controls, and that completely ruins the experience.
Lack of story. One word comes to mind with a game without a story: ghey.

I think the cons are worse than the pros, so I doubt it will end up on my gamepage, unless I am utterly convinced it is AWESOME. Somehow, I believe it will fall hopelessly short of the hype.
Yea i am also disappointed that the game will not have a storyline . But i will buy it if the gameplay is anywhere near to NFS most wanted

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
12-11-2008, 05:57 AM
I won't be buying it immediately on release- my main problem with it is the auto accelerator, sounds like a stupid idea to me!
12-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
Thats a good point Paulio, alot of people will get this game on impulse just because of its name
So, so true. Just think of the money there.. If only they didn't have copyright laws..
12-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Another day, another NFS thread.

Maybe NFS will officially be the game with most threads in this forum.
12-11-2008, 06:02 AM
It seems to me like NFS is going to be the most disappointing game of the year. Seriously, no story and no gas/brake pedals equals no good. Graphics-wise, it will not match Fastlane. If it's cheap enough I might actually get it but if it's over $10 then it's a complete no-no...
12-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
It seems to me like NFS is going to be the most disappointing game of the year. Seriously, no story and no gas/brake pedals equals no good. Graphics-wise, it will not match Fastlane. If it's cheap enough I might actually get it but if it's over $10 then it's a complete no-no...
It won't be over 10 bucks USD. It'll be just under at 9.99. Here in Ausralia we'll pay 12.99. can almost guarantee the price for it. I completely agree tho, NFS is going to flop miserably unfortunately. How can you have a racing game without an accelerater and brake pedals?? FAIL!