Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 AM

Default Kingturn Underworld RPG - (by Mangobile) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 31.4 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Kingturn Underworld RPG is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG which takes both wits and patience to be mastered.

'Kingturn RPG - A Brilliant Tactical Battle Game' [TouchArcade review]

Kingturn Underworld marks the 1st chapter of our Kingturn trilogy, and comprises 74 scenarios where you can take over control of undead and monsters.
Kingturn Underworld supports new character classes like Thieves, Lizards, Demons, or Heretics, as well as new weapons and armor, new environments and new sound tracks.

Kingturn Underworld is a shareware game where the first 8 scenarios are free to play and the remaining 66 scenarios can be unlocked via a one-time in-app purchase.

Kingturn Trilogy Overview
---------------------------------
Chapter 1 - The rise of King Constantin (Kingturn Underworld RPG)
Chapter 2 - The rule of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG)
Chapter 3 - The fall of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG Plus)

All titles have independent story lines and can be played in arbitrary order.

Story - Chapter 1
--------------------------
Juliet, necromancer and daughter of Overlord Xanthus, finds herself forced to flee the Underworld after a rebellion of her father's minions. Struggling to survive on Andaria's hostile surface, she has to take unusual measures to get things under control ...

Concept
-----------
The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

Tutorial
-----------
If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RRpli7agW4E

Category
--------------
Offline Strategy RPG

Game play
---------------
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in a 68 scenarios main campaign ('Nights in Andaria')

- An ultimately challenging mini-campaign comprising 6 scenarios ('Twelve years later')

- More than 40 character classes like Skeleton, Death Knight, Undead Mage, Heretic, Fury, Murderer, Vampire, Necromancer, Skeleton Champion, Bat Rider, Giant ...

- More than 60 class skills like 'War Cry', 'Chaos Storm', 'Stealth', 'Lightning Bolt', 'Living Bomb', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Raise Undead', 'Drain Life', 'Blood Bolt', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario
iPhone Screenshots

Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Sooooo.... this newest release is the first chapter, and the previously released Kingturn games are part 2 and 3?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:28 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

This will not be free. Will need to the full game unlocked with usually $5 IAP. A solid strategic RPG series. Edit: tactical rpg.

I'm sure undeadcow can answer this. Is this the prequel or what? I'm assuming this was released on android before or they have a weird way of releasing these. I remember seeing underground on the other two descriptions.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 10-09-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

My most anticipated game of the day despite looking forward to Monster Adventures greatly.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Little confused here, is this just a rerelease or compilation? Dunno what's actually new here
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

sigh...still no icloud!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
Little confused here, is this just a rerelease or compilation? Dunno what's actually new here
This doesn't look like a compilation.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:19 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Kingturn Underworld is my favorite entry in the series and I consider it to be the pinnacle of strategy role play / turn based strategy gaming on iOS. Kingturn Underworld gets my highest recommendation possible. The dark plot with rivaling undead and human advesaries (sort of a three way brawl) is compelling. In Kingturn Underworld there is a lot of character variety, I think you can play all character types from the series in this one (check out the demon in screenshot 3). I've put over 100 hours into playing the Kingturn series and Underworld is definitely a standout (due in part to plot and character variety). These games are a lot of fun and on the right difficulty (which is adjustable, even to casual play) has puzzle-like standstills with matching enemies displaying strategies difficult enough to counter and control your own. You will not find a better value on iOS/PC/console with such exhaustive content as the Kingturn games. The dazzling array of characters, equipment, and strategy options presents a lot of tactics options and variety in addition to Kingturn Underworld being packed to the brim with levels (it has benefited from expansion since initial release on Android). Hopefully we see Mangobile continue to develop the spiritual successor they have hinted about.

There are some creative levels here - several involving only one (or few) character, interesting geographic restraints (overcoming walls, land bridges), and a good mix of opponents (human, undead, supernatural, demonic).

I'm sure the developer, Niebau, will be by soon. He's one of the most approachable developers I've seen (even linking his own company page to the TA discussion thread to encourage interaction).

I hope Kingturn Underworld gets the attention it deserves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
...Is this the prequel or what?
Kingturn Underworld is a prequel in the trilogy. The order you play them in is not important but there is some overlap with characters/evenys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
There are three Kingturn games (it's a trilogy); with each having a different plot, characters, and levels. They all use the same engine so interaction is similar. Kingturn Underworld, Kingturn Plus, and Kingturn are all different plots, characters, and levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
sigh...still no icloud!
iCloud would be great, but don't let that keep your from a quality game.

Last edited by undeadcow; 10-09-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

^^^^ High praise indeed from our resident RPG guru. Also I happen to know that UCow does not heap this praise lightly. He has had extensive pre-release experience with this game and reserves his praise for the very best examples of the genre.

I just hope this gets the attention it deserves and does not get overshadowed by today's other releases.

If you like SRPG with great narrative and outstanding gameplay you owe it yourself to get this game. Also the only IAP is for a full game unlock so you get many many hours of premium gameplay for the asking price. These guys are amongst my favourite devs on the store.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Thanks, undeadcow. I trust you completely on this and I absolutely cannot wait to get this one.