Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2013, 05:26 PM

Default AdvenChewers - (by Warner Bros.) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 150 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Harness the mighty power of bubble gum in a high-flying adventure from Warner Bros.!

When the world is faced with its darkest moment, there’s only one thing to do…CHEW. Become an AdvenChewer and soar to your father’s rescue before he’s forced to serve an evil General. Using special bubble gum and friendly birds, fly through treacherous landscapes of cascading ice caverns, boiling volcanoes, and more.

Float your way to the top of the leaderboards and crush your Facebook friends’ high scores as you pop the General’s plans and save your family.

Game Features:

TAP TO TOWERING HEIGHTS
Run, jump, and fly through 48 levels in 6 unique worlds.

CHEW ON THIS
Zap enemies with electric gum, catch a breeze by blowing windy bubbles, and chew on soap gum to clean up a goo-soaked world – there’s a different gum for every obstacle.

FIND FEATHERED FRIENDS
Collect 3 birds in every level to boost your score then hop on a blazing Phoenix at furious speeds!

BURST THEIR BUBBLES
Beat your Facebook friends’ highest scores and save the world before they do!

DON’T BLOW IT
Visit the store and fashion your AdvenChewer with upgraded helmets, jackets, and a bird compass to locate your avian allies!
iPhone Screenshots

Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This looks fantastic! Downloading now.. Impressions in a few hours, I need some sleep.

Last edited by Red1; 10-10-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
This looks fantastic! Downloading now.. Impressions in a few hours, I need some sleep.
This does look awesome!!!

Last edited by Red1; 10-10-2013 at 01:18 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Oi this looks good.

So far out of this week's runners Rakoo's Adventure is on top for me, but this looks like it has the potential to be better.

Last edited by Red1; 10-10-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 10:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Oi this looks good.

So far out of this week's runners Rakoo's Adventure is on top for me, but this looks like it has the potential to be better.
Thia any good?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

We need a video on this one, looks like a great game to buy.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:45 PM

Still no impressions yet?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 PM

IMO, this is a very well put together runner/adventure game. The graphics are good and the quests are doable. There is tremendous lag within the game for some reason. Maybe a shutdown or a update can fix this. I've only spent about 10-15 minutes with it, but I like what i see so far. Besides the lag, the other downer is its 655 mb installed on my ipad mini. Damn!!!!! I didn't know that until I just checked. Geez, I wish it wasn't that large. Anyway, the coins picked up throughout the game are used for different types of bubblegum that the main character uses. For instance, there's a gum for smashing robots, one for double coins and another for popping goo. Each gum can only be used for a few seconds (I think the coin doubler gum can only be used for 15 seconds) besides the regular gum he's always equipped with. The gum is blown when he wants to float or fly higher. You can collect things like a Phoenix's feather and one will fly out for you to ride for a few seconds. So far, that's the only "special" character I've seen so far. The gum the character blows allows him to float in the sky to collect other things like birds that give you extra chances in case you're hit while jumping/flying, other gums and a mega coin. You can walk/run by building tops, blimps or the sky. I think the gum he's always equipped can be popped if used too long. The other gums can be found throughout the levels (not sure if it's just in the beginning to introduce them) or as I said above, purchased with the coins collected. They're reasonably "priced" with the in game currency. The price varies depending on the power. As far as I can see, there's no way to extend or level-up the time that the powers are used. The powers are only temp for the level that you're playing and can onlybe picked before each level.

I'm not really a good review person, but I just wanted to get a general overview of the game for those interested. If you don't mind the file size, it's def worth the asking price....

Also, there are IAP for bags of coins, but they don't seem necessary as there are plenty of coins per stage so far. The coin doubler is .99. I just discovered other things to purchase with the in-game currency like a satchel that gives you a 20% coin bonus at the end of the level and a freq flyer card that gives you a 20% discount toward the purchase of the different bubblegum. I'm not sure if these are perm upgrades or temp.

Last edited by stormyspop1; 10-10-2013 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 12:09 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks Sanuku. Looks pretty good, will give it a try.