Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 05:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Final Fantasy VI coming this winter

Quote:
Super Nintendo classic Final Fantasy VI is one of the few 16- and 8-bit-era Final Fantasy games to not get a remake for the Nintendo DS or PlayStation Portable in the last decade. Instead, publisher Square Enix is now planning on updating the game for release on iOS and Android devices, according to Kotaku.

Final Fantasy VI is due out this winter. Square Enix plans to update the visuals like it did with the Android and iOS version of Final Fantasy V. That means spruced-up 2D graphics and not the 3D-style visuals the company used for the DS remakes.

“Square Enix has been offering smart phone versions of the Final Fantasy series which allow players to experience the roots of Final Fantasy which were released in the series’ dawning age,” Final Fantasy director Tokita said in a statement provided to GamesBeat. “The games are part of our legacy campaign for Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy VI is now under development and will be available this winter. Just like Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI will be a refined 2D remake and we will be implementing an auto battle system for easier leveling up.”

Square Enix originally released Final Fantasy VI for Super Nintendo in 1994. It is a fantasy adventure with steampunk elements. Many fans consider it the best game in the franchise.

The company’s plans for its legacy campaign could eventually lead to it releasing PlayStation classic Final Fantasy VII for mobile phones, according to Tokita.

“We are aware that we have tons of VII fans,” said Tokita. “We have VII fans in our own company. If this legacy project works out well, we would like to one day be able to work with VII.”
Source: venturebeat

Quote:
It's official! The beloved Final Fantasy VI will be coming to iOS and Android winter of this year! Stay tuned to our Facebook page for more updates to come.

#FinalFantasy #SquareEnix #iOS #Android
Source: Square Enix's Official Facebook Page

Last edited by iANiMeX; 10-09-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Nice joke pal!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Nice joke pal!
Not sure what you're talking about...
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Finally!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Nice joke pal!
It's not a joke, it's for real.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Kefka. Best villain ever. The FF villain that made the biggest wtf moment in FF history.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Another opportunity to replay one of my all-time favourite RPGs. Though I would be happier if it came for my 3DS, but oh well. :-)
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 AM

So, in looking up some info on this, it seems like we won't see it until after FFIV the after years. I liked the after years, I'd much rather have VI first though. Just thought I'd post this to add a better time frame for release. SE rarely gives much advance warning of release.

"The next release in the Legacy series will be a mobile port of Final Fantasy: The After Years"

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi-i...oul-1443087791
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Great news but I'm one of the few people that like 3d over 2d. But I'd get it anyways no matter what.

However the only issue I have is with their 2d remakes like they did with 5. I didn't like the new sprites as well as many other people. If they're the same style then..... :\
Old 10-21-2013, 03:17 AM

Thanks for taking me know.

Closed Thread