★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Costume Quest is a Halloween adventure from Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions. In this charming role-playing game, choose your hero and trick-or-treat through three beautiful environments full of Double Fine humor and story. Complete quests, build your party, and collect costumes along the way that allow you to transform into powerful champions and take down the evil Repugians. This heroic holiday tale will capture the imaginations of kids and kids-at-heart.

Continue the Costume Quest adventure with the Grubbins on Ice DLC pack. Face new enemies while collecting additional quests, costumes, battle stamps and creepy treat cards. Help the monsters overthrow Araxia to bring peace back to Repugia!

*requires at least iPad 2 or iPhone 4S
10-10-2013, 08:15 AM
This looks pretty good and I have been a Middle Manager of Justice fan from way WAY back (played it all throughout the time it was pulled and onward). But it is 4.99 for what appears to be a themed Halloween game. Is this true? Will I not be tired of the them after Halloween?

It also mentions a free DLC - is that an expansion pack but INCLUDED in the 4.99 price? Will it normally be more? Because it does say IAP are in the game too.

SO confused at the pricing of this game!

10-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Got this on Steam a while back. Personally I got a little bored of it, but it is still a well-made game, and I know a lot of TA'ers will love it.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
10-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Almost 650mb? And $5? Man, I don't have that kind of free space on my phone for a game I'll put down after Halloween. If it was free with a $5 IAP for the dlc and I had that free on an iPad then might pick it up to try it out.
10-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Ok somebody pinch me!! Holy crap this is real!!

This week is crazy!!

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
10-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Watched my son play through this and the DLC on the PS3, really great game. I had always wished there was a new DLC pack but nothing came out. I may pick this up, well worth the price.
10-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Are the houses randomized, or do the same ones give you candy or get you into battles each time you play?
10-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Omg can't believe this game just came out 0.0 to bad I have no more money its ok though Monster Adventures will last me awhile
10-10-2013, 09:18 AM
This is seriously one of my favorite games and favorite RPGs of all time. I cherish it. My son loves it too - he dressed as the Pirate costume from this game for Halloween last year.
Read this review - http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/cos...view/1900-328/
I can't recommend people buy this game enough. It is a wonderful, perfect experience.
10-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Played this on Xbox 360 and it's pretty fun, regardless of the Halloween theme. Not enough for me to double dip, but I think it's well worth the $5.

Hope this is a sign that Castle Crashers is coming -- that I would instantly double dip on.