Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Pixel Karts GP - (by Flying Cartridge) [Universal]

Hi everyone!

I introduce myself: My name is Pablo Anania, I've been working in the videogame industry for some years and now, with the help of a bunch of friends and after a lot of hard work, we are releasing our first game as independant developers!

The game is named Pixel Karts GP, it's a retro styled racing game with high speed action, skids, hard opponents, chiptunes, voxel art and much more!

More info of the game can be found here:http://www.flyingcartridge.com/games.html

We need your support, with only a download you'll make us happy

We are hearing your comments for future updates, feel free to tell us!

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixel-karts-gp-plus/id704581884

There is also a Free version and an Android conversion.

Screenshots:

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by pablo_e_a; 10-15-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Think it has potential, love the chip tune, the retro graphics are good.

But on the main menu the text looks all weird and blurred (ipod touch 5th gen). Plus i played a challenge mode and it ended just with SECOND nothing else, then its back to the main menu. Having either 2/6 or showing all the times of the racers seems the 'norm' in these sorts of games

I would love it if you could have a tournament, eg you get 10 points for first, 6 for second and you have about 6 or so races in the tournament against the computer.

I went back and finished first so it did unlock another track. But its a shame theres no points etc.

Also when i first started playing i totally pressed the wrong button, i presumed the far right button would be accelerate. So would be great if you could reverse the buttons as an option

Has potential graphically and musically, just it seems to be single race after single race, a tournament with points would be superb
Old 10-15-2013, 11:06 AM

Thanks for your recommended. It's so awesome!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Dang, was hoping this would be more like a Mario Kart clone instead of one of those top view racers. Oh well.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM

Hi psj3809!

"A" and "B" virtual buttons are confusing, so we need a tutorial for that. Also we are going to add auto-brake, manual brake and accel for future versions.

The 3D fonts are showing blurry... we have to check alternatives for that in the menu.

Tournament option sounds like a good idea, we are thinking of online challenges so there could be a connection between tournament and online. But starting with offline tournaments sounds good too!

For the next version also we are going to add "Next Race" and "Retry" buttons.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Dang, was hoping this would be more like a Mario Kart clone instead of one of those top view racers. Oh well.
Mario Kart is not enough retro for us ! Nah, just a joke... we are thinking in adding some powerups and other gameplay views BUT we don't want to lose our scope that is a retro approach of realistic racing.

Anyways we are making a game for you guys, we have that in mind so we are wide opened to feedback!

Last edited by pablo_e_a; 10-15-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 AM

I just had an image of many thrown NES controllers due to RC Pro Am when I saw these graphics
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo_e_a View Post
Hi psj3809!

"A" and "B" virtual buttons are confusing, so we need a tutorial for that. Also we are going to add auto-brake, manual brake and accel for future versions.

The 3D fonts are showing blurry... we have to check alternatives for that in the menu.

Tournament option sounds like a good idea, we are thinking of online challenges so there could be a connection between tournament and online. But starting with offline tournaments sounds good too!

For the next version also we are going to add "Next Race" and "Retry" buttons.

Thanks for your feedback!
Hi, well i dont think you need a tutorial for it, just a lot of other similar games 'accelerate' is always the one on the far right so for a split second or two i then realised it was different here.

Offline tournament would be superb, personally have no interest in online play but i know others do. Yeah has potential so look forward to seeing an update in the future, thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
I just had an image of many thrown NES controllers due to RC Pro Am when I saw these graphics
Yeah! What a nightmare of a gameeeeee
Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Love all Retro racing game, devs should change itune link to Premium version instead of Free

Closed Thread