Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Developer

Default Bug Heroes 2 [Foursaken Media] - coming Feb 20!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

In Bug Heroes 2, player take control of miniature heroes, battling to defend their stash of food. Players will gather food and spare parts, build defenses and turrets to fortify their food stash, and ultimately defend to the death! The standard mode is an "endless mode", but the rounds themselves are actually objective based to offer a wide variety of gameplay, from pure defense, to destroying a newly built enemy base, to capturing and holding a strategic point, to assassinating unique enemy types, and more. There is also a PvP/base vs base mode where the objective is to destroy the enemy base. Includes single player, co-op and versus multiplayer.

------------------------------------------------

Features:
- Blend of MOBA, action, defense, tactical, and strategic gameplay
- Choose 2 heroes to take into battle. Both heroes exist on the battlefield at the same time, and you can freely switch between the two. You can give the hero you're not controlling basic commands such as "follow me", "defend", or "hold your ground."
- Tactical combat elements, including an in depth armor system, cover based firefights, and managing 2 heroes at once.
- Over 25 heroes to choose from! Heroes are now more streamlined compared to BH1, and more specialized, with 1 passive and 4 active abilities each.
- Equipment system. Each hero has a wide range of equipment and upgrades to progress through in-game.
- A whole slew of persistent upgrades, including "discipline" slots for each hero, and a set of universal upgrades that affect heroes, creeps or buildings. Many disciplines offer trade-off benefits, altering the way a hero plays without imbalancing them - very important for a competitive mp game!
- PvP mode! Destroy your enemy's food stash. Fight alongside ally creeps. Very MOBA-like, but with Bug Heroes flavor to it
- Legendary heroes. Legendary heroes are much larger than a typical bug hero, and much more powerful, such as the Toy Robot Gunner, or the Field Mouse Ranger. The catch is, you can only take one legendary hero into battle, as opposed to 2 bug heroes, completely changing the way you play, without creating imbalanced gameplay!
- Gorgeous graphics with advanced technology such as reflections and normal maps.
- Switch between 2 views on the fly: overhead "tactical" view, or behind the shoulder 3rd person.
- Over 60 unique enemy types, from war slugs, to fungus necromancers, to siege cannons, mortars, commando squads, and so much more.
- Lots more!

------------------------------------------------

Hero Profiles:

More to come!

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 01-24-2014 at 04:17 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Finally!!!!

This is great news, when will this be released ?

Last edited by WCFields; 10-15-2013 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: The usual
Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Now it's confirmed. You guys really don't sleep. Block Fortress War and Bug Heroes 2 revealed in the same week?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default tears of joy...

So exciting, you guys are the best. This sounds like a true sequel, maintaining the good of BH games but adding to the pot.

I completed Bug Heroes Quest, one of only a handful of games I went all the way through, as it kept drawing me in with new partners, weapons, etc.

This sounds like, with all the hero options, it will truly be a "find what works" for your play style and HIT IT.

Thanks for making some of the best games of my 25+ years of gaming experience.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

(I'm not great at finding funny gifs...)
Pleeeease, say that the spider will also be in Bug Heroes 2!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post

(I'm not great at finding funny gifs...)
Pleeeease, say that the spider will also be in Bug Heroes 2!!!!!
We'll be going through the heroes over time every few days, talking about their abilities, etc Guess you'll just have to wait and see if she's still in!

I will say that NOT all of the heroes from the original BH are back, and some are reinvented.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Okay there is seriously black magic involved or they sold their souls to satan in return for super-coding-powers or something like that...if so, i would be totaly okay with that cuz that means we get just more of these awesome games.

I will definitely hit the buy button as soon as this and block fortress war are available in my AppStore.

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 PM

Oh my god
Old 10-15-2013, 04:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
We'll be going through the heroes over time every few days, talking about their abilities, etc Guess you'll just have to wait and see if she's still in!

I will say that NOT all of the heroes from the original BH are back, and some are reinvented.
My bet is on Ant, Beetle and Spider returning, because they were the starting trio that also appeared in BHQ as main chars, and Termite, because he was cooooool.

I don't have any idea about what kind of bugs those legendary heroes will be though. A fire-breathing Meganeura?
Old 10-15-2013, 04:53 PM

Where on earth could they take Heroes and Castles to for a sequel?! I mean, both of these games are MOBA like in a multiplayer sense, BFWAR in single player as well, so what could they do new with H&C? It seems almost as if H&C was a stepping stone to Bug Heroes 2 since it can be played in 3rd person (if I'm interpreting the meaning of "creeps" correctly). So are these creeps (allies) only a multiplayer component to add depth and balance, so that way it's not a 1 on 1 death match? Makes sense. Ok I was kinda iffy on my thoughts but just wanted to put them out there and now everything's making sense to me haha. I understand

Btw I would pay $2 - $500 for a Sci-Fi game from you guys.

Closed Thread