Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-15-2013, 04:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Dungeon Keeper (by EA)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by killercow; 01-30-2014 at 12:13 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 05:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

No IAP listed yet... that is sure to change and I'm very curious. There appears to be timers and dual currency (rocks and gems).

Quote:
Originally Posted by App Store description
Description
DIG. DEVISE. DOMINATE! Build the ultimate underground lair and summon diabolical forces to do your bidding in Dungeon Keeper. It’s tower defense…without the tower…and a lot more offensive!

A NEFARIOUS ARMY AT YOUR SERVICE!
From Trolls to Bile Demons, Mistresses, and Warlocks – deploy your army of baddies and unleash special attacks to destroy the competition.

TIME TO GET DOWN
Maximize your defenses to thwart invaders with expertly laid traps and dungeon design. Build rooms like the torture chamber or dark library to give attackers some painful and shocking surprises.

IT’S GOOD TO BE BAD
Attack enemy dungeons and plunder their resources. Deploy your forces and face spike traps, cannons, poisonous spores and more. Too many enemies? Turn them into chickens! Master the Hand of Evil™ to unleash devastating spell attacks.

HURTS SO GOOD
Some minions need more…motivation than others. Slap your Imps to get them working faster.

What more are you waiting for, Keeper? Play the most diabolically fun game on the App Store!

NOTES:
“Like” us on Facebook or “Follow” us on Twitter for the latest Dungeon Keeper news: www.facebook.com/dungeonkeepermobile
www.twitter.com/eadungeonkeeper

Want to connect with fellow Dungeon Keeper players? Please visit: www.dungeonkeeper.com/forums

Need help? Please visit: www.dungeonkeeper.com/faqs
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

It's actually pretty fun so far, and claims in game not to be pay to win. If that holds true, who knows. Alot of the timers are based on resource gathering and building. You can slap imps around to speed thing up a bit for free as well. Digging is fairly quick, building takes longer. Rooms appear to be 4X4, no building weird sized rooms and expanding them slowly, at least not that I've seen yet. Combat happens as far as I can tell when you choose it too. You go to a combat menu and select to be attacked through the campaign, random players, or a few other options. Rooms themselves are kind of interesting. You build traps but rooms come with their own defenses and sometimes a free creature. Overall, it depends how much content there will be and how you get it. But so far it is enjoyable.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
It's actually pretty fun so far, and claims in game not to be pay to win. If that holds true, who knows. Alot of the timers are based on resource gathering and building. You can slap imps around to speed thing up a bit for free as well. Digging is fairly quick, building takes longer. Rooms appear to be 4X4, no building weird sized rooms and expanding them slowly, at least not that I've seen yet. Combat happens as far as I can tell when you choose it too. You go to a combat menu and select to be attacked through the campaign, random players, or a few other options. Rooms themselves are kind of interesting. You build traps but rooms come with their own defenses and sometimes a free creature. Overall, it depends how much content there will be and how you get it. But so far it is enjoyable.
This sounds promising. Even though I'd much rather have an up front cost, if they can manage to keep the game fun and not a big timer-fest, I'd be as happy as I could be about a F2P game by EA.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

The timers to dig heavier rock are pretty long, building takes about 10 minutes +, hiring monsters about a minute each. Other than expanding and building, there are 2 main things you can do, neither of which have any direct timers as far as I can tell. The first is attack, either the single player campaign or multiplayer. Attacking you go to a dungeon and spawn monsters and cast spells, trying to take the dungeon down and loot it in a limited amount of time. After you attack all monsters you hired are gone and require you to hire again, giving an indirect timer to this.

Defending works much the same, campaign or multiplayer. This time monsters attack you similarly to a tower defense game. They also have a limited time to loot, raid, and destroy. In defense you can also summon monsters and cast spells, as well you have traps you have built that as far as I can tell are permanent. Something to keep in mind, every resource node you take over on the map is a potential spawn point for enemies during defense. So if you grab too many, prepare to spend lots to build defenses everywhere. Again, monsters used during defense are spawned so you can defend without them but it will be hard, making an indirect timer. I suppose if you have built a good enough trap layout you could play defense unlimited?

Mana slowly regenerates. You can upgrade pretty much everything to get resources better, do more damage, etc, etc. In the raid menu there are also special events that look to be dailies. The one right now is some sort of survival mode. The IAP is as follows: You can buy crystals to speed up timers, you do get these randomly while playing normally. You can buy any resource, filling your hold for that particular resource to as much as you can store. You can buy boosts, abilities that give you extra stuff for raiding, abilities, etc for a certain amount of days. As far as I can tell, no IAPís that are permanent and none that are needed.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

^^ Thanks for the impressions. Only thing I get concerned about with timers is that in many games these days they get LONGER the further you get into a game. And that's where I really get pissed. Anxious to hear more after a day or two when people have played more.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
^^ Thanks for the impressions. Only thing I get concerned about with timers is that in many games these days they get LONGER the further you get into a game. And that's where I really get pissed. Anxious to hear more after a day or two when people have played more.
True enough. The timers to mine resources seem set, so I don't see how those can increase. But upgrade timers and building timers most definitely increase as you progress with things you can purchase. Monsters as well take longer to train the stronger they are. I would not be at all surprised if as the game continues on it gets to a point were you are waiting to do anything big. The upside is, it seems at this point you can always buy a ton of early monsters and try raiding with little downtime. If that is at all viable when players have turned their dungeons into massive deathtraps remains to be seen.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This game is basically Clash of Clans with the Dungeon Keeper flavor. It's not as blatant of a copy as that samurai one, but the inspiration is pretty obvious.

I was hoping for a single player game like the Majesty games released for iOS. Alas, it had to be this.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:52 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaraf View Post
This game is basically Clash of Clans with the Dungeon Keeper flavor. It's not as blatant of a copy as that samurai one, but the inspiration is pretty obvious.

I was hoping for a single player game like the Majesty games released for iOS. Alas, it had to be this.
I think you got that backwards. DK came way before CoC did...

I played DK in the mid '90's on a Pentium 166 and I'm almost not wanting to download this new version. Of course my curiosity will get the better of me.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
I think you got that backwards. DK came way before CoC did...

I played DK in the mid '90's on a Pentium 166 and I'm almost not wanting to download this new version. Of course my curiosity will get the better of me.
I am a long time player of Dungeon Keeper as well. What I am saying is that this new game is styled like Clash of Clans. Here are some common points between both:

1) Building a base
2) Limited number of "builders" who cost premium currency (gems) to purchase
3) Timer based building, training, researching, etc.
4) Attacking other player's bases for resources
5) Training troops for timed based, quantity based, and "lost" after using them in a battle.
6) Resource buildings that can be upgraded to produce more over time.
7) Storage buildings that can be upgraded to store more.
8) Town hall/dungeon heart to be upgraded to unlock more things.

These are just some things that I thought of just now. I could think of more if I put in effort, but I'd rather not. They took the theme of Dungeon Keeper and fixed it into game play mechanics very similar to Clash of Clans. Not surprising either, considering how successful Clash of Clans is. I guess we're fortunate that they didn't make Dungeon Keeper into some kind of "match 3" game similar to Candy Crush lol