★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Amanita Design
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 232.6 MB
  • Version: 2.0.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Pocket Edition version is optimized for iPhone and iPod Touch. Please consider regular Machinarium edition (with universal build support) if you want to play the game on both your iPhone and iPad.

An award-winning adventure game by the makers of Samorost and Botanicula. Finally available also for iPhones with pinch-to-zoom feature, achievements and more.

- IGF, Excellence in Visual Art Award
- Gamasutra, Best Indie Game Of The Year
- VGChartz.com, Best Indie Game Of The Year
- PC Gamer, Best Soundtrack Of The Year

"Absolutely Fantastic" - TouchArcade
"It's Phenomenal" - AppAdvice
4/4 - USA TODAY
4/4 - SlideToPlay
9/10 - Pocket Gamer

You can play Machinarium also on your Mac or PC. Try also our latest game Botanicula for iPad, Mac or PC!

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 235 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99

Requirements :
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

An award-winning adventure game by the makers of Samorost and Botanicula. Finally available also for iPhones with pinch-to-zoom feature, achievements and more.

"Absolutely Fantastic" - TouchArcade
"It's Phenomenal" - AppAdvice
4/4 - USA TODAY
4/4 - SlideToPlay
9/10 - Pocket Gamer
iPhone Screenshots

10-16-2013, 05:28 AM
I wonder why they didn't just update the iPad version for universal capabilities...

10-16-2013, 05:39 AM
The HD version its universal now... this is the iPhone-only version. Been waiting to play confortably this one for a long time, since I saw it so many years ago. Instant Buy. Actually, should be a must buy for everyone with an iDevice. Buy this game.
10-16-2013, 05:43 AM
This game is awesome.
Didnt expect this on iPhone.
10-16-2013, 05:47 AM
This was my first purchase game on my iPad. Lovely game though I openly admit to having to resort to looking up puzzle answers more than once!

Gamecentre ID - .P0tshot. Playing - Magic 2014, Battle Academy, Shadowrun, Warhammer Quest, Hearthstone, Space Hulk, FTL, Xcom Wanting - Cardhunter, Battleheart Legacy, Infinity Wars, Exiles: Far Colonies and someone please make iOS Blood Bowl!!
10-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
The HD version its universal now... this is the iPhone-only version. Been waiting to play confortably this one for a long time, since I saw it so many years ago. Instant Buy. Actually, should be a must buy for everyone with an iDevice. Buy this game.
The HD version is for IPad only. But yeah, it's a MUST BUY! A masterpiece! One of the reasons i've got myself an IPad.
10-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
The HD version is for IPad only. But yeah, it's a MUST BUY! A masterpiece! One of the reasons i've got myself an IPad.
I think I read somewhere that HD becomes universal but maybe I'm wrong. Should be an update tonight to make it so... if its really true...
10-16-2013, 07:04 AM
the DAY it came out, bought it on my ipad 2, and was already getting it to run on my old iphone 4 (plist editing). but couldn't go far because of UI restrictions (could not access the lowest part of the screen.) OOOh I remember that gem when the devs were saying "only the ipad 2 can run this beast". yeah right.
10-16-2013, 07:32 AM
The iPad version was one of the first ipad-only games i bought upon getting my first ipad, and it's stilll treasured as one of the best games on it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-16-2013, 09:13 AM
I'll definitely get it tonight if it runs on an iPod Touch 4. I always heard good things about this game on the iPad. I should check the stores to see if it's able to be downloaded.