Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-16-2013, 06:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Paint it Back - Picross with a Purpose [Universal]

NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 49 MB.

Price : free with the option to unlock the complete game for USD $2.99.

Requirements : iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

"Paint it Back is my favourite puzzle game of the year so far." - Pocket Tactics.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The art has disappeared from the gallery! Can you paint it back?

Recreate lost paintings by using your mind!

Use logic as your paintbrush to solve each painting's unique puzzle!

Features:
-140 paintings to solve.
-14 rooms to unlock.
-18 achievements.
-6 individual player profiles on one device.
-Universal
-iCloud sync: play on one iDevice, continue on another.
-iPad: play in either landscape or portrait mode.
-Endless "Mystery Masterpiece" challenge mode.
-Logic puzzles you may also know as nonograms, picross or griddlers.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Great entry to the Picross game genre.
Having the partly completed image in the corner of the screen on an easel helps make sense of the blocky images.
I've seen more than a few Picross games get too complicated in their menu and controls and it just makes them tedious to play.
That's not an issue here, if you like this type of game you'll love this version, and if you've never played a Picross game before do yourself a favor and pick this up.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:44 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I was given a promo code for the game yesterday. I must say, after playing through all the free puzzles, I am extremely impressed. I've played a few gridler type games on iOS before but none of them have ever grabbed me or stayed I'm my device longer than a day or two.

This game, however, has so much character and polish that it oozes quality. Even the menu is something to behold! The tutorial is quick and to the point but ensures you know exactly what you are doing before you are let loose on the rest of the game. It will not annoy people who already know how to play yet it is comprehensive enough to get people new to gridler up to speed.
The difficulty seems to ramp up nicely from then on. Unlike most other gridler apps, it does not hang around on 5x5 grids for too long.

I will definitely be purchasing all other rooms as soon as this is officially released in the UK.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:55 AM

My favourite type of puzzle game can't wait to try this in the UK
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 AM

I have been lucky to be playing this for about a week now and I can highly recommend this picross type game. If you are familiar with the paper and pencil games that are prevalent in the puzzle books then I don't have to go into the mechanics of what you do. It's how you do it that makes it so much fun anyway!

You are tasked with discovering the paintings. Each puzzle has a theme and the combination "clue" in the puzzle title and the numbers along the edges you can discover them with a little bit of brain power. The puzzles are fantastic and executed really well. I have played other picross games on an iPhone and they were just really difficult to navigate and were frustrating. This though is a breeze! You can erase or fill whole rows even so it makes the later puzzles a little easier to complete.

It has iCloud sync that works perfectly - been going between devices since I got it and it really is nice that way.

If you love picross, are on the fence about picross, or simply want a new challenge -- get Paint it Back!

One thing I would like to see maybe is the ability to see the completed paintings a little larger. I can't seem to find that option anywhere!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

This is an excellent game. The puzzles are fun and addicting. The game appearance and interface are very polished. It's the perfect game to play when you have a few spare moments and you need a quick gaming fix. I can also vouch for the iCloud sync feature since my iPhone died and when I downloaded it onto my new iPhone the game synced right back up. I never played Picross but I hear it's quite similar.

Last edited by klink; 10-16-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I've got some promo codes left that I need to unload. Since the game is a free download and promo codes can't unlock iap, using one of these will just let you play the game now before it's out in your country.

Private message me if ya want one.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualLabs View Post
I've got some promo codes left that I need to unload. Since the game is a free download and promo codes can't unlock iap, using one of these will just let you play the game now before it's out in your country.

Private message me if ya want one.
I don't think my PM is working. I tried, anyway if you have any available still I'd love one and I'd gladly give impressions.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Wow, i think i need a try for this!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Casuallabs was nice enough to hand me a promo code. I can positively say this is one of the most polished Picross games one can find on iOS. You can definitely see a lot of love has gone into the making of the puzzles. Also, the ideas for the pictures is creative and differentiate themselves from other entries of the genre. All and all, a must buy for puzzle fans, and a lot of room for the dev to add some puzzles later on (hopefully).