★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fast paced 2d platformer with challenging unlockables to earn. Blast through enemies with unique weapons. Master the terrain, build your skills, and do whatever it takes to smash your highscores!
10-17-2013, 02:35 AM
This plays and controls like Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight, a platformer/shooter with one-touch-equals-death enemies spawning from the sky - while trying to avoid/kill enemies, your mission is to collect a certain amount of apples in order to unlock new worlds and/or weapons and additionally, each time you pick up an apple, your equipped weapon randomly switches to a different one.

Sometimes a new character to play as/unlock will appear as a drop. There's also unlockable ingame soundtracks to switch between, but I do not know if they drop or are acquired through apples.

This game appear to be completely free, no ads or IAP, so it is a nice alternative.
10-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pham View Post
This plays and controls like Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight, a platformer/shooter with one-touch-equals-death enemies spawning from the sky - while trying to avoid/kill enemies, your mission is to collect a certain amount of apples in order to unlock new worlds and/or weapons and additionally, each time you pick up an apple, your equipped weapon randomly switches to a different one.

Sometimes a new character to play as/unlock will appear as a drop. There's also unlockable ingame soundtracks to switch between, but I do not know if they drop or are acquired through apples.

This game appear to be completely free, no ads or IAP, so it is a nice alternative.
Hey Pham, thanks for taking the time to post. It is free, but there are ads :P.
Ya Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight were a lot of fun, and after reading the recent reviews for Super Crate Box about how unplayable it is for iPhone5 I decided to make my own. There is Muffin Knight, but there were so much pop ups that annoyed me which also played into my decision to make this game.

Twitter: RuizNick