★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 50% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME

NEUROKULT is an arcade touch em up that requires quick reactions and intuition. The thrilling and absorbing gameplay constantly challenges your ability to stay focused and act instinctively.

//LAUNCH TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRtgkdC3uXo

//MEDIA

"It is, in short, pretty damn good" - Pocketgamer

"The game really is a masterpiece." - TouchTapPlay, 9/10

"Neurokult is fun challenging game that' s worth your time" - Indie Game Enthusiast

"If you can overcome the learning curve, Neurokult's fantastic riff on the match-three genre will have your neurones fizzing like a Mentos-powered soda rocket." - Appspy, 5/5

//ABOUT THE GAME

The game, set in a cyberpunk universe, comes with handcrafted effects and a unique tailor-made minimal electronic soundtrack which result in an immersive audio-visual journey.

NEUROKULT can be described as a child of REZ and Polara mixed with a fast-paced Bejeweled. The gameplay-mechanic is perfectly adapted to touch devices. You are a voyager immerging into an uncharted neurospace. On your journey you are confronted with defense mechanisms, neurobombs and nerve-racking boss battles that vary in every stage. The constantly changing patterns and gameplay variations force you to adapt your strategy and improve your reactions permanently.

Exclusive for iOS devices
No further In App Purchases. This game is about your skills, not your wallet
Fast-paced audio-visual gameplay
Sixteen varying stages to learn and master
Five cinematic storyline panels
Five nerve-racking boss fights
Tailor-made minimal electronic soundtrack by mekoor
Unlockable endless mode
Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards

WoodlandBarbarian's comments:
Indie Arcade Touch 'Em Up NEUROKULT hits the Appstore

Launch Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quotes

"It is, in short, pretty damn good." - Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer

About Neurokult

Soundtrack by Mekoor available via Bandcamp

About Woodland Barbarians
http://woodland-barbarians.com/
10-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Anyway you can explain a little bit about the gameplay? It seems like from the video that you press the orbs on the left when the approriate colors go inbetween the two lines. How how do they connect and explode? And is this a music rhythm type game?

10-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Hey there,

to be honest, pocketgamer summed it up much better than we could before ^^. Have a look

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=54535

Neurokult is not music rhythm based; it is more about concentration and finding your own flow
10-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Ok, impressions:

I started playing Neurokult last night and to my surprise, I'm finding it more addicting than Mimpi or Indigo Lake. The gameplay is very challenging. Your goal is to "derezz" the different colored modules as they move across the screen. You can tap individually or drag to link combos. Bigger combos mean higher scores. Like a TD game, letting too many get past offscreen results in failure. The twist is that you have to switch between the different colors and avoid activating various hazards such as bombs. All these elements combine to make a fast paced, reflex/finger-testing game. There's a level based campaign that gradually introduces new obstacles and even bosses as well as an unlockable endless mode

I'm having a lot of fun with Neurokult. It's challenging, fun, and it's a premium game with no IAP.
10-17-2013, 07:58 AM
^I dont think Indigo Lake's trying to be addictive at all. It's just that it's done so well, you just want to experience playing through the game's little world.

Im getting this one based on your imps. Sounds pretty solid.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^I dont think Indigo Lake's trying to be addictive at all. It's just that it's done so well, you just want to experience playing through the game's little world.

Im getting this one based on your imps. Sounds pretty solid.
Well I love my puzzle platformers and exploration-focused games but every time I went back to Mimpi or Indigo, I keep thinking of how I should try again in this.
10-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks a bunch Bronxsta!

Just want to mention that the soundtrack by Mekoor is now available via Bandcamp.
Support this dude if you like, it was a blast working with him!

Last edited by WoodlandBarbarian; 10-17-2013 at 11:35 AM.
10-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I like the gameplay, and the soundtrack is really good, but i was hoping for a more satisfying "feedback" for clearing the orbs out.

I think it wouldve been better if there were sci-fi blast sounds, whoosh sounds, laser sound effects, or other futuristic sounds and explosions while clearing orbs. Would make each elimination more satisfying, i believe.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks for your feedback!

Just a few days before submitting Neurokult to Apple, we had the chance to have Vlambeer's Rami play the game. His overall opinion was very positive - the only point of critique was, that clearing the orbs wasn't satisfying enough

In my opinion, this is not the only place where some sound effects could do well. Especially because our sound designer, Bjrn Weirup did an awesome job, creating all effects from scratch.

This said, enhanced sound effects are in work and definitely part of a first update!
10-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Well if Bronxstra and Exact-Psience is liking it I will give it a try. Downloading now.