★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mudloop
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ready for some old-school platform action?
Kill The Pikakiri is an addictive platform game with cute graphics - and lots of cartoon violence!

What people say about this game :
- "better than most mobile games"
- "raises the bar for mobile platformers"

The goal of the game is simple : reach the end of the level, and kill as many Pikakiri as possible. Pikakiri may look cute, but they are vicious, soulless creatures.

This lite version features :
- 6 full levels packed with frantic platform mayhem
- 3 different weapons
- Gorgeous retina graphics
- Stunning animations

Mudloop's comments:
Check it out - it's free

Also check out our website : www.killthepikakiri.com and Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/KillThePikakiri
10-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Okay, you've got my full attention now. It sounds like you've worked on this a long time, too; I'll hope to get my hands on a full version sometime in the near future, and frankly can't wait. How many levels do you expect it'll have? Too soon?

10-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow. Really nice game. Great graphics. Controls well. Is the full version out yet?
10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Okay, you've got my full attention now. It sounds like you've worked on this a long time, too; I'll hope to get my hands on a full version sometime in the near future, and frankly can't wait. How many levels do you expect it'll have? Too soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wow. Really nice game. Great graphics. Controls well. Is the full version out yet?
Glad you guys like it.

The full version will have 5 worlds with 8 levels each, totaling to 40 levels.

Can't say when it's going to be out though. It will be at least two more months. We're a small team, and we have other projects (to pay the bills). We'd love to work on this full time, but right now that's sadly not a possibility. We might add some more levels to the Lite version though, to keep you interested.

Last edited by Mudloop; 10-17-2013 at 07:56 PM.
10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Played and fun, waiting for full version.
10-17-2013, 10:30 PM
FYI, I just found a bug. If you unlock a weapon and then die in the level, the game crashes, and will keep crashing later on. I know the game so well that I never die anymore, which is why I never noticed this before
I'm working on a solution.

Edit : I figured it out and have submitted an update.

Last edited by Mudloop; 10-17-2013 at 11:03 PM.
10-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudloop View Post
Glad you guys like it.

The full version will have 5 worlds with 8 levels each, totaling to 40 levels.

Can't say when it's going to be out though. It will be at least two more months. We're a small team, and we have other projects (to pay the bills). We'd love to work on this full time, but right now that's sadly not a possibility. We might add some more levels to the Lite version though, to keep you interested.
I don't understand, why release a lite version if the game isn't out? For publicity? Seems like a decent game from playing it.
10-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I don't understand, why release a lite version if the game isn't out? For publicity? Seems like a decent game from playing it.
This isn't a strategy that a lot of iOS games follow, but for PC and console games, releasing a demo version in advance is quite common, so we thought we'd give it a try. So yeah, partly for publicity. We want to get people familiar with the characters.

We were also a little worried that Apple wouldn't approve the cute+violent style. So the lite version also served the purpose of testing if it was ok to continue development.