Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default StreetSoccer - (By Athenstean) [Universal]

This is a conversion of an easy to play but hard to master board game where you take turns with an opponent (or one of several different AI's) rolling a die and moving your little soccer player "meeples" on a grid. When you move one of your guys onto the ball, you then get to move the ball with the rest of your roll, where you have to follow certain rules about where the ball can go that make the game quite interesting and challenging.

Think of it like a simplified Blood Bowl without any of the theme or violence, so it's perfect for a whole family to enjoy.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:46 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I'm Alex, the developer of Streetsoccer for iOS and I just wanted to say "hi" and let you know I'm looking forward to hear your feedback This has been a pet project of mine for the last 3 years and I'm excited to finally see the day where it goes public.

So let me know what you like/dislike and I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm working on DICE+ support and improving the 3D graphics (a.k.a. the "where are the trees"-problem )

Have fun

Alex
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 AM

This looks interesting but a bit too pricy for me.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraudi2k View Post
This looks interesting but a bit too pricy for me.
Everytime I have seen these $4 price points, they always drop fast.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Well, I can tell you as much: It's rather going up The thing is that I've spent a lot of time and passion on it and I've bought tons of apps that have been cheaper that I haven't played after a while. This has excellent replay value and - despite the sparse graphic - has been beta tested and polished for a long time plus it's a universal. And think of it like this: 3.99 is like what? Not even a cinema ticket...

Plus from experience with another app I have learned that cheaper price attracts the wrong people. I rather have a smaller, active community of people that made an actual buying decision for this game rather than clicking another 99c game. The former tend to be very passionate and help improve the game...

So I doubt I'll ever make it cheaper, it's way more likely I'll increase the price with the more features I put in there. I know that A LOT of Streetsoccer fans are waiting for the tournament servers for example...

(sorry for the soap box, but AppStore prices bare any connection with reality )

Know what: I'll PM you two each a promo code and then you can post here if it's worth it after playing it a couple of weeks
Old 10-18-2013, 03:34 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Purely for the last post, I'm picking this up now. Top man.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Everytime I have seen these $4 price points, they always drop fast.
That was my initial thoughts, looks interesting and at 69p I'll try anything but for a little higher price I'd normally wait and see people's impressions or see if it drops in price.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

wheres the street? thewoodssoccer lol
Old 10-18-2013, 05:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Oh futsal, that's interesting, but how does it work? It's a TBS? Turn based strategy? But is it random with dice? Or it depends on the players skills?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

So, how important is luck in the game? I have only seen a video, but it seems you roll a die every time to move and shoot. I get that given the huge number of die rolls the results will numerically roughly even out over the length of a whole game. But still player A may just get the roll he needed in a given situation to score a goal, while I get these great rolls, when I actually don't need them that urgently. So, my guess would be that a lot of things come down to getting the right rolls at the right time. Beyond that there obviously is strategy involved in terms of positioning etc. But I like my decisions in games to be as little as possible disturbed by randomness/luck.