★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A mix of Comics and RPG! Crowdfunded on KICKSTARTER!

"....a fantastic-looking interactive graphic novel that combines the art style of comic books with playable mechanics most commonly found in video games...."
-> (4+) Review by 148apps.com

SOUL GAMBLER is an interactive graphic novel inspired by Goethes Faust, a tragic play written in the 19th century. This is a contemporary and engaging adaptation of the masterpiece.

Soul Gambler puts YOU in the role of Faust, an ordinary young man living in the present day whose DESTINY is about to be change forever.

When Faust was leaving his boring job, a mysterious woman approached him. She made him a tempting proposal: SELL parts of his SOUL in exchange for the fulfillment of his every WISH.

NOW it is up to you to decide his fate!

> BECOME Faust and transform yourself in a Soul Gambler
> CHOOSE how the story unfolds, and even how it ends
> AMAZE yourself with gorgeous comic book-styled illustrations and environments
> OWN the ability to sell parts of your soul in exchange for many pleasures
> IMMERSE yourself in this shady world while listening to an involving soundtrack
> COMPLETE more than 20 challenging story-oriented achievements

Faust's FATE lies in your hands.
What are you waiting for? Time to GAMBLE your soul!
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I've just finished chapter 2 and I'm enjoying pretty much so far!

10-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't know why this RPG/novel game mix isn't getting more attention here , but I'm liking it a lot.Game optimizes automatically at beginning depending on what device you have ; art is gorgeus, music sets the mood and blends with ambience right , very intriguing story with multiple paths to choose in every chapter .First two chapters are free, third one costs $2,99.
10-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I honestly don't remember where the 1/2 chapter divide was, although I guess I did play through chapter 2. I'll likely buy the rest of the game but I do hope the remaining chapters are longer.
10-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I downloaded this day one, but got stuck, because of a bug, which just got fixed today. Great game.
10-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
I honestly don't remember where the 1/2 chapter divide was, although I guess I did play through chapter 2. I'll likely buy the rest of the game but I do hope the remaining chapters are longer.
I wish they were longer too, but the game is highly replayable. I've finished and saw only 45% of it, so I can (and will) play some times more to try the other choices.

And don't update to 1.0.1 if you are using an iPad. The update causes a crash everytime you load or start a game. The developers are already working on it.

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 10-19-2013 at 11:34 PM.
10-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Hello there people at TA! I'm one of the develpers of Soul Gambler here at m.gaia studio!

We are very sorry about the problem in the 1.0.1 version of the game! Luckly our team is working on a fix, which will be submited to the AppStore today for the reviewing process!

Thank you for playing the game, we hope you love it!

Regards,
Soul Gambler Team
10-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Whoa! Initially missed this! Remedying now...

Edit: Not available in US store? ACK!

DBC

I give up.
10-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Whoa! Initially missed this! Remedying now...

Edit: Not available in US store? ACK!

DBC
Probably because of the problem on version 1.0.1. I'm sure it will be back as soon as possible.
10-21-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm sure I saw this in the UK store the other day, doesn't seem to be there now.

Anyways, here's a review of Soul Gambler by 148 apps while we wait for it to come back.