★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sorry to burst your bubble, square, ballon, testic.............................

08-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, square, ballon, testic.............................

As I was looking through the new games released on iTunes this morning for the first time in my life I actually new what "Morning Sickness" ( a trait usually reserved to women) felt like. How many more of these "make a group of three and burst what ever they are" puzzles are needed before someone wakes up and realizes this category doesn't need any more "new" entries. Is it just me or are 90% of the games on iTunes some form of "Knock Offs" recycled to death.

Still sick to my stomach!

Jeff
08-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Which new games were released this morning in that genre?

08-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
As I was looking through the new games released on iTunes this morning for the first time in my life I actually new what "Morning Sickness" ( a trait usually reserved to women) felt like. How many more of these "make a group of three and burst what ever they are" puzzles are needed before someone wakes up and realizes this category doesn't need any more "new" entries. Is it just me or are 90% of the games on iTunes some form of "Knock Offs" recycled to death.

Jeff
I have no problem AS LONG AS they add something interesting. I agree there is nothing more annoying than some Bejeweled clone using lame clip art and not offering anything new.

Sure it's just a cheap Bejweled clone but we're using KITTENS instead of gems!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Well, there goes my next great idea.
Kittens.... GEK YOU RUINED T!

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.
08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
The first page (games) category "Puzzle" on iTunes Canada has four such puzzles. Most other pages have an even higher ratio of po(o)p to your hearts content ratio.
08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
There is also a spectrum of mindless to deep strategy. My wife likes mindless, and is hooked on Bejeweled Classic. Way too mindless for me...to play it, I need to try and prove infinite play is possible. Then I get bored and rush and eventually lose.

I like some strategy, but trism just leaves me scratching my head.

Havent found the right mix myself yet.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Ignore them and move on?
I don't care much for match 3, hidden items and time management games but no one is forcing me to buy them
08-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atommo View Post
Well, there goes my next great idea.
Kittens.... GEK YOU RUINED T!
Like Kitty Time (shown in the first few seconds of this commercial)?

Youtube link | Pop Up

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure about Kitty Time, but Vending Machine Champ OWNS!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post

Jeff
I would say it is much closer to 1% or 2% of the games, 90% is a tad excessive, seriously don't be so ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win