★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Battlefield (By EA)

10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Battlefield (By EA)

Quote:
Asked if a game like Battlefield can be enjoyable on a smaller screen, Gibeau revealed the new game after mentioning Battlefield 4's Commander mode, which will be playable on iOS and Android devices.

"We are working on a mobile game of Battlefield that will be high-end and high-performance. It's our bet that we can successfully pull that off," Gibeau said.

"But we're embarking on something no one has ever done before--to get these games to inter-operate between platforms," he added. "Will it work? It already has in some cases. Will it work for all franchises? Not all franchises will make the transition. Battlefield might be a little harder."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-.../1100-6415682/
10-21-2013, 10:52 AM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Watch it be a F2P "Battlefield" builder with "BF Bucks".

Oh but you can tie your account to Origin and win cool avatars.

10-21-2013, 10:59 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Watch it be a F2P "Battlefield" builder with "BF Bucks".

Oh but you can tie your account to Origin and win cool avatars.
Want more bullets? There's an IAP for that!
10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
#4
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Want more bullets? There's an IAP for that!
I just wish they did another Dead Space iOS tie-in with Firemonkeys and the release of DS3.

In all likelihood if they're making a "high tech" mobile game it's probably going to be some type of actioner. Problem is, EA just doesn't have the experience that Gameloft has with shooters. It might have the BF name attached to it, but let's be honest: we all know that big name online shooters begin and end with Gameloft. And this is without EA's history of ruining good brands.
10-21-2013, 11:06 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I just wish they did another Dead Space iOS tie-in with Firemonkeys and the release of DS3.

In all likelihood if they're making a "high tech" mobile game it's probably going to be some type of actioner. Problem is, EA just doesn't have the experience that Gameloft has with shooters. It might have the BF name attached to it, but let's be honest: we all know that big name online shooters begin and end with Gameloft. And this is without EA's history of ruining good brands.
Well I liked PvZ 2 so who knows... But I'm pretty sure that firemonkeys is only gonna be pumping out Real Racing content (and sequels) until they die now that EA has seen that they could make a lot of money with the franchise.
10-21-2013, 11:13 AM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Well I liked PvZ 2 so who knows... But I'm pretty sure that firemonkeys is only gonna be pumping out Real Racing content (and sequels) until they die now that EA has seen that they could make a lot of money with the franchise.
I haven't played PvZ 2, yet, but from what I heard that's the fortunate exception to the rule. It's just that whenever I think mobile Battlefield I think BF: Aftershock or whatever that sad excuse for a game was.
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I haven't played PvZ 2, yet, but from what I heard that's the fortunate exception to the rule. It's just that whenever I think mobile Battlefield I think BF: Aftershock or whatever that sad excuse for a game was.
Well I wouldn't really use the word game to describe BF: Aftershock...
10-21-2013, 11:19 AM
#8
I really hope it's an true battlefield with large scaled maps!

Add mfi controller and it's ooooooooon!!
10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Well I wouldn't really use the word game to describe BF: Aftershock...
Aftershock: what could (and should have been) but never was.
10-21-2013, 11:34 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,337
If they made something similar to CoD:ST, I'd be all over that! But it's EA.