★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TriDomino $2.99

08-01-2009, 02:03 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 4,761
TriDomino $2.99

$2.99
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324172881&mt=8

Quote:
* The FIRST EVER launch of TriDomino on iTunes!
* iPhone and iPod Touch 3.0 compatible!

TRY IT OUT!

- Based on world-known table-game Domino logic, TriDomino is extremely exciting and engaging APP.
- Shake the tiles, match the edges to score higher points and win over your opponent!
- TriDomino is easy to pick-up and hard to get rid of!

FEATURES:
- Relaxing and Addictive
- Great graphics
- 3 difficulty levels from EASY to MEDIUM and HARD!
- 3 game modes: Single Round Game, 1000 Points Game, 5 Wins Game!
- Sound Effects!
- ‘Play your own music’ with TriDomino sound effects option!
- ‘Shake It’ and ‘Scroll It’ controls – easy to pick-up!

REQUIREMENTS:
- Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
- Required iPhone/iPod Touch OS 2.2.1 or later
http://tridomino.com/text.php?lang=2&item=192&arg=177
Quote:
THE GAME
* Each player is given 9 random TriDomino tiles to start with (one of them will be the one picked at the turns decision).
* Find your tiles in the OWNED TILES TRAY. The game starts by placing a tile that has an equal number of points in each corner.
* If you opponent goes first – find the tile that matches the points of any two corners of CPU's tile.
* Each tile may have few available positions or none. All available positions will be highlighted on the GAME TABLE.
* Get rid of higher tiles first to gain more points. Try to gain bonuses by choosing optimal position for your tile.
* If any of the players finishes his tiles and no more tiles are available in the spare tiles pile the round continues untill the 'game circle' closes. It means if your opponent was the first to start the game you'll be the last to put your tile and vice versa.


Stop Motion TriDominos Game

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-02-2009, 08:57 AM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 1,723
Well I bought this because it looked pretty interesting... and as expected, the interface is well polished, very usable... but...

I just don't get the strategy in the game at all.

It seems mostly luck based. You just click on each of your pieces to see all the possible places you can position them. You choose the one that gives you the most points and place it. I'm sure I'm missing something so please, if there's a lot more strategy to this than meets the eye then please tell me!

I'd like to enjoy this game but I need first to appreciate the game mechanics a little more...

Jamie.
08-02-2009, 09:00 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
I just don't get the strategy in the game at all.
The strategy is a little different than Dominoes but this might help
http://www.chessandpoker.com/dominoes-strategy.html
08-02-2009, 10:01 AM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 1,723
But in dominoes you see all your pieces. In this however you draw them - doesn't this change the game from strategy to a more luck based game?
08-02-2009, 10:06 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
But in dominoes you see all your pieces. In this however you draw them - doesn't this change the game from strategy to a more luck based game?
In this game you see the tiles on the bar at the bottom of the screen.
08-03-2009, 07:15 AM
#6
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Well I bought this because it looked pretty interesting... and as expected, the interface is well polished, very usable... but...

I just don't get the strategy in the game at all.

It seems mostly luck based. You just click on each of your pieces to see all the possible places you can position them. You choose the one that gives you the most points and place it. I'm sure I'm missing something so please, if there's a lot more strategy to this than meets the eye then please tell me!

I'd like to enjoy this game but I need first to appreciate the game mechanics a little more...

Jamie.
Yeah.. in this game you can't foresee a lot of steps .. as the situaton changes dynamically. All you can do is to rely on your best guess what tiles are remaining in the pile and what your opponent might have .. based on the tiles placed on the table (the same as if you were playing regular dominoes etc). The strategy lays behind trying to get as much points as possible, to get bonuses and not to allow your opponent to do the same.