★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Str8ts - Sudoku Has A Real Competitor $2.99

08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Str8ts - Sudoku Has A Real Competitor $2.99

Str8ts- 2.99$

Quote:
FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVER! SUDOKU HAS A REAL COMPETITOR!
Imagine a puzzle that is easy to learn, has simple rules, requires no math skills and is addictive as Sudoku. One that possesses a strong newspaper presence, has a huge amount of depth, encourages multiple solving techniques, has great re-playability, promotes a sense of achievement, has different levels of difficulties and doesnít have a Japanese name. The English translation for "The Next Sudoku" is "Str8ts © TM".

THE POWER OF SEQUENCING!
Str8ts © TM is a fine tuned puzzle relying on strategically placed black cells that create solvable compartments. The compartments of empty white cells need to be filled in with sequential numbers that donít necessarily need to be in numerical order.

POKER MEETS SUDOKU!
If a game was specifically designed to merge these two Goliath's, Str8ts © TM would be the obvious answer. Set the game on the playing card mode and start creating straights.

COOL CONTROLS AND ELEGANT GRAPHICS!
Smart functionality, very easy to use controls and graphics that are soothing to the eye.

DIFFERENT LEVELS TO CHOOSE FROM!
Str8ts © TM has 4 different grades and a total of 751 different puzzles to choose from providing endless hours of excitement and entertainment.

EASY TO USE RULES AND A NUMBER BY NUMBER TUTORIAL!
Str8ts © TM has a great tutorial that will teach you how to play in no time. The rules are so simple you will be solving Str8ts © TM in minutes.

A TRACK RECORD OF QUALITY
All the puzzles created for this game were made by Andrew Stuart, who has published puzzles in The Daily Telegraph, The Los Angeles Times, the Beijing Times and in hundreds of other newspapers.

CHECK OUT OTHER EXCITING PRODUCTS BY SYNDICATED PUZZLES
IN STORE: 1 to 25 © COMING SOON: Domino Dice

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-01-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: SceenShots Added
08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
More here http://www.str8ts.com/

BillyBob's Paid Review

Youtube link | Pop Up

08-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Quite the price tag.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Ahem. How do u change the thread title? I changed it to "Str8ts -Sudoku Has A Real Competitor 2.99$". But it`s still showing as "Str8ts- 2.99$" only
08-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Ahem. How do u change the thread title? I changed it to "Str8ts -Sudoku Has A Real Competitor 2.99$". But it`s still showing as "Str8ts- 2.99$" only
Ask a mod Done.
08-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Ask a mod Done.

Oh! Didnt realize The Mod Power was required here.

Thanx

The game looks great for sudoku lovers. Anyone TOFTT
08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
could be interestint - is a lite version planned ?

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
08-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Superb game!

If you like good, well-designed logic puzzles (with unique solutions!), Str8ts is excellent. Challenging but not frustrating. Well sequenced puzzles with a great tutorial and solid interface. For people who play and enjoy sudoku, nurikabe, masyubug, jabeh, kenken, kakuro... this game is a joy to play. Go to their website first and check out the tutorial and the strategy.
08-02-2009, 05:48 AM
I second that opinion.

The price tag is higher than average but the app is pretty much perfect for what it's intended to do; the interface is wonderful, the display very clear and understandable. The game itself is very challenging and enjoyable.

I've only played the first three levels of the easiest difficulty so far - and they were tricky enough... there's many more to go. For $2.99, given the amount of entertainment I'll be given, I really don't think the app is overpriced and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Jamie.
08-02-2009, 06:28 AM
This name is wrong. It should be Str8s. Eight has a 'T' sound in it.