Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Default iPad Air vs iPad Mini w/Retina

I just finished watching the live event at work but missed a few things, and now I'm kind of confused. Am I correct in saying that the iPad Mini now comes with the retina display and is also just as powerful as the new iPad Air? They both have the A7 64 bit chip in them right? So does this mean the only true benefit to the iPad Air is the larger screen size? If this is the case then I'm gonna seriously have to rethink which one I'm going to get, and take a trip out to the local Apple store and get hands on with the mini to see how I like the screen size.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I really wasn't expecting near identical specs on the two. This certainly opens the new mini as a decision for me.

I'm torn as far as where I should go. I don't want to spend more than $499 on a device. I'm wanting 32GB storage, so the mini would be the easier choice for me, instead of the 16GB Air.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:14 PM

I too want 32gb's as well and was fully prepared to drop $599 on whatever new full sized ipad apple unveiled, but that was because I was assuming it would be the more powerful of the two. Now I just really don't know, is an ipad mini gonna truly fulfill me while also saving me $100? Oi vey, I've got some soul searching to do.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I was hoping that after seeing the Mini sell well Apple would bring the new Mini up to par with the full size iPad. Really happy to see that is the case, I will be picking up a new iPad Mini 32GB later in November.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by indalico View Post
I really wasn't expecting near identical specs on the two. This certainly opens the new mini as a decision for me.

I'm torn as far as where I should go. I don't want to spend more than $499 on a device. I'm wanting 32GB storage, so the mini would be the easier choice for me, instead of the 16GB Air.
Don't go 16 gb no matter what you buy, you will regret the small size cause now with the mini retina, apps will be getting bigger and bigger.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I currently own a iPad Mini 64GB, and I only got around 300mb free.

I'm not sure I'll upgrade, but if I'm going to upgrade, it's going to be a 128GB Retina iPad Mini for sure!

But I'm still not compelled to upgrade. The display is not a big deal to me, and the Mini I have now is still plenty fast enough and still rocks all the latest and greatest games without hiccups.

Let's wait and see.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

iPad air??? Is this going to last 3 months and then get replaced with the iPad pro?
(2 levels of MacBook - air and pro - will it happen here?)
Old 10-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
iPad air??? Is this going to last 3 months and then get replaced with the iPad pro?
(2 levels of MacBook - air and pro - will it happen here?)
Microsoft does the same thing with the surface. Guess ipad pro would be a laptop replacement along those lines.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Microsoft does the same thing with the surface. Guess ipad pro would be a laptop replacement along those lines.
So ipad air is a bad purchase?

Really don't want to stay with this iPod 4 any longer but I don't want to buy a device that's obsolete at launch.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
So ipad air is a bad purchase?

Really don't want to stay with this iPod 4 any longer but I don't want to buy a device that's obsolete at launch.
I doubt that apple would come out with a laptop tablet ipad pro for a pretty long time. Apple makes fun of Microsoft doing it, so they won't do it til the market calls for tablet laptops.