Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default over zealous mods!

I think you might need to keep an eye on your mods, as theres some very eager ones who seem to get a kick out of pushing people around and banning them for really trival reasons.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipad2user View Post
I think you might need to keep an eye on your mods, as theres some very eager ones who seem to get a kick out of pushing people around and banning them for really trival reasons.
It was another Mod that dealt with your posts, but I had a quick look.

It's pretty obvious that posts talking about donkey's appendages are unacceptable. And you've had a couple of requests to tone down your language.

So, ummmm, yeah, just stop swearing. We have kids on the site.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:57 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Over zealous mods?

I dealt with your posts and edited 3 of them due to swearing. You were warned, then carried on swearing.

If you don't want to be put in timeout simply stop swearing or being rude.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:49 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Att Mods

I'd like to know what is considered swearing? I typed •••Spoiler:  f'ing which can easily be shorthand for "freaking" or "frecking" or a ton of other words. It can be nearly anything in my eyes. If it is considered swearing, why? I would understand writing a "swear" word would not be tolerated, however a child who does not know a swear word isn't learning anything from my text. If a child sees it as a swear word, I am not the one who taught them it. The only reason I care to even ask is because I believe I understand how to follow rules appropriately, I haven't had any issues until most recently by a single mod, and now I am thinking the mod has something else entirely against me for some reason. I'd like some clarification here, please.

Thank you.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
I'd like to know what is considered swearing? I typed •••Spoiler:  f'ing which can easily be shorthand for "freaking" or "frecking" or a ton of other words. It can be nearly anything in my eyes. If it is considered swearing, why? I would understand writing a "swear" word would not be tolerated, however a child who does not know a swear word isn't learning anything from my text. If a child sees it as a swear word, I am not the one who taught them it. The only reason I care to even ask is because I believe I understand how to follow rules appropriately, I haven't had any issues until most recently by a single mod, and now I am thinking the mod has something else entirely against me for some reason. I'd like some clarification here, please.

Thank you.
Here's your clarification: stop being disingenuous and follow the site rules. If you can't do that, then find another forum.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:53 PM
iPad mini

Gotta say though, this particular rule is applied very haphazardly. Eli himself posts swears all the time. The "F" word seems to be automatically converted to poop emojis so you can't search it, but just search for posts by Eli with the "S" word in them. There are 4 pages of posts. Now I understand mods can't catch everything and unless someone reports a post, many of these will slip through, but Admins should at least set an example we can follow.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:

Thank you.
I've nothing against you at all. Its just a way of people to bypass the swear filter. You cant swear (it gets asterisked) so you obviously type it the other way to bypass it. I'm not upset by swearing but if you keep swearwords then everyone will start doing it

I've amended many in the past (so its not just you) or replaced the 'f' word with 'fluffy' or something non-offensive. I would rather concentrate on spammers/shillers on the site and not users who are trying to get round the swear filter. Gotta laugh, spend tons of my free time helping delete shill accounts, spam posts, not a word of thanks, second you edit a post where someone tries to get round the swear filter and all hell breaks loose !

Last edited by psj3809; 12-02-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

I agree that the language moderation is overkill, we've amended the rules to say to keep your language "PG-13".
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I've nothing against you at all. Its just a way of people to bypass the swear filter. You cant swear (it gets asterisked) so you obviously type it the other way to bypass it. I'm not upset by swearing but if you keep swearwords then everyone will start doing it

I've amended many in the past (so its not just you) or replaced the 'f' word with 'fluffy' or something non-offensive. I would rather concentrate on spammers/shillers on the site and not users who are trying to get round the swear filter. Gotta laugh, spend tons of my free time helping delete shill accounts, spam posts, not a word of thanks, second you edit a post where someone tries to get round the swear filter and all hell breaks loose !
I very much appreciate your response. I certainly do not wish to create more issues/drama for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I agree that the language moderation is overkill, we've amended the rules to say to keep your language "PG-13".
Thank you for your feedback Eli. Now to figure out what PG13 language means lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I very much appreciate your response. I certainly do not wish to create more issues/drama for you
No worries. I hate biting my tongue I must admit, as I swear with the best of them!