Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-22-2013, 03:14 PM

Default Combat Monsters - (by Rubicon)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 78.5 MB.

Price in NZ is Free

Requirements :
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Deploy, destroy, dethrone – introducing Combat Monsters, our biggest game ever!

Combat Monsters are not your everyday monsters. They will follow your commands to vanquish the enemy… or die a fiery death!

Play for FREE against friends right in front of you or on the other side of the globe. Devise strategies that make the most of your deck: will you overrun your adversary with dozens of bloodthirsty creatures? Defend your Hero at all costs with healing spells? Invest heavily in runes and concentrate on a few high-powered cards?

With 132 monsters, 70 weapons, 28 shields, 42 spells, 22 runes, 12 Heroes and 120+ maps to choose from, there’s no end to the challenge in Combat Monsters.

After completing the campaign, it’s time to join the carnage online with up to SIX PLAYERS on a single board or two player pass & play. No friends? No problem! We included a Quick Battle skirmish mode that will get you a game in no time at all.

Play on PC, iOS or even that other platform with the green robot. Just log-in and play – we made sure your account works on all supported devices. You can also do battle with fandroids and PC owners… and show them who’s boss :)

Combat Monsters is a unique combination of collectable card games and tactical combat 9 man-years in the making. If you’re a fan of CCGs and/or turn-based tactical strategy games, we made this game for you.

Can you beat all the achievements? Will you be the one to acquire the first legendary card?

Download Combat Monsters today – and find out!

NB: Your game progress is managed on our servers, so you will need an internet connection.
iPhone Screenshots

Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Nice a day early always a nice surprise.

Edit.
NB: Your game progress is managed on our servers, so you will need an internet connection.

I'm not liking that line of description too much. Does that mean an internet connections is required at all times.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 10-22-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 03:35 PM
iPad Air

Always-on internet required

Free

I'm not optimistic.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Don't be worried about always online, people. Netflix is always online, and it works great :-D
Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Awesome, finally! Hopefully the always-online features doesn't use too much bandwith!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Looks... AWESOME.

It's Rubicon, so that equals "I will own this."

Buuut...

Free... Alright, it's still Rubicon, so that's not horrible...

Aaand...

Persistent internet connection required? OooKkk...

Sure, if it was Netflix I wouldn't be concerned, but it's an iOS game, sooo...

I guess I'll know soon enough.

DBC
Old 10-22-2013, 04:08 PM
iPhone 6 Plus

Interesting, been waiting for this. Not really worried about the free and required connection, but we'll see.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:33 PM

As far as the IAP, let me set you straight. (I beta tested).

You need to spend $2.99 for the trippler if you want to build your deck up before you grow old.

I spent $2.99 on the trippler during the beta, while some betas spent $49.99 or more. They crushed me for a while. Eventually, I was able to hold my own -- none win more than 50% against me now, and several cant beat me at all. It did take a while and a lot of games to get there, but how could one expect anything else? The game is as fair as this model can be, a great example of how to do this right.

If you arent willing to go the trippler route and do buy coins, use my code -- you'll get more coins, and I'll get a referral bonus. JFLF5HT. If you cant tolerate any period where a probably quite small segment of the gamers have any edge over you, dont play or buy coins.

Will answer any questions: I'm a big believer in the game.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I like that they have a one-time purchase option for a benefit in the game aside from the regular IAP purchases. So many freemium games have offered me some entertainment, yet when I go to give them money there are no options for someone who doesn’t want to pay $5 for a random one-time chance of getting something. For any creators of freemium games out there, get the best of both worlds and offer IAP for those than continuously buy AND those that want a one-time purchase.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
As far as the IAP, let me set you straight. (I beta tested).

You need to spend $2.99 for the trippler if you want to build your deck up before you grow old.

Will answer any questions: I'm a big believer in the game.
Sooo, would it be fair to say that the actual cost of a relatively satisfying experience of the game would be 3 bucks?

DBC