★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPuppy: Nintendogs clone?

12-11-2008, 11:58 AM
iPuppy: Nintendogs clone?

I saw this iPuppy today and I'm considering buying it. Could this be the closest app to Nintendogs? I don't think it could be as rich as a Nintendog (very low price) but it seems real 3D. Has anybody tried it?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299162557&mt=8
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
I bought it thinking the same thing. Stop! Don't do it! It's nothing like nintendogs.
the graphics are gorgeous, but other than that it has no gameplay value. all you can do is feed the dog and a bowl of food will be put out or press the shower button, it releases a stream of water onto the puppy.
you can also dress it up in some very limited style shirts. very cute but unless it's updated, very pointless.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}

12-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikappa83 View Post
I saw this iPuppy today and I'm considering buying it. Could this be the closest app to Nintendogs? I don't think it could be as rich as a Nintendog (very low price) but it seems real 3D. Has anybody tried it?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299162557&mt=8
Wow, in the screenshots it looks really similar to the graphics in Nintendogs, if not better. Though, the gameplay looks like it could be lacking considering the depth of Nintendogs... even though I really only played for about 10 mins on my friend's sister's DS.

Looks like it's worth $.99 as it's gotten good reviews, but it's just too cute for me.
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
I'll buy it if you can swap the stick for a shotgun!

Oh sh!t- wrong thread!
12-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post

Oh sh!t- wrong thread!
Lmfao but seriously puppys and shotguns would be great it would be just like were the red firn growes... hilarious
12-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyS View Post
I bought it thinking the same thing. Stop! Don't do it! It's nothing like nintendogs.
the graphics are gorgeous, but other than that it has no gameplay value. all you can do is feed the dog and a bowl of food will be put out or press the shower button, it releases a stream of water onto the puppy.
you can also dress it up in some very limited style shirts. very cute but unless it's updated, very pointless.
So bad :-(. I'd really like a real Nintendog on iPhone! The phone is always with you, so you could check you puppy from time to time...
12-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post

Oh sh!t- wrong thread!
LOL - (Zombie Mansion?)

Oh and hey, congrats on being the first one to 1,000 posts!

Anyway, back on topic - I can't believe the game is only $1. It looks pretty nice. I doubt it has as many features as Nintendogs but it probably has lots of potential. I wonder if the developer would consider making it just like Nintendogs - giving options to walk the dog, take it to the park, play with toys, etc.

Hmm...

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
LOL - (Zombie Mansion?)

Oh and hey, congrats on being the first one to 1,000 posts!
Yes, Zombie Mansion of course

Blimey- hadn't realized I'd broken the 1000 post barrier- thanks.
12-11-2008, 04:52 PM
The official web site (linked on iTunes Store) doesn't work.

I found an article about an other MASQ company, creator of a "puppy game", so I think they're the same. They seem to be a Shangay based company, making interactive games for MSN. One of this game seems to be a chat version of this puppy.

On the interview, published in april, they anticipated they were going to export their puppy games on mobile phone...

Here's the link: http://www.jlmpacificepoch.com/pecontent/94732_0_3_0_M/
12-12-2008, 01:46 AM
I think the game is just a demoplay now,so it's very cheap and simple.
The puppy is cute,I like it.
So looking forward more features.