Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-22-2013, 10:17 PM

Default Heroes of Dragon Age: Founders Edition - (by Electronic Arts)

Sorry to tired to manually copy & paste every Details. I will add those when I will get up later.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-06-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 10:19 PM

I assume the Builds are similar so...

Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quite interested in checking this out.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So far I am really enjoying the game, Already put some money into getting more packs. While its strategy is unlike say card based deck, in that you can have different focus i.e. Direct damage, creature deck, counter spell deck. Here you do have synergies but the action is AI controlled so, balance or defense fast strikes or AoE [max 4 characters and 1giant]. You have runes that can do temporary boosts, and your characters level up but can be also evolved. Then there is the rarity. So far the only gate I've seen is timer for games, that included online and another for offline, which hurts. Regen timer is one per 15 min so give or take 2hrs for full recharge. Still enjoying it.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Alright just hit a wall. My epic guys cannot progress further, and can't pass the next mastery. There is a definite wall you hit, unlike in card deck games where even a well designed commmon deck has a shot here it stops. Not sure if I want to spend more money because if this is any indicator then I will hit this wall again. Kinda sad, when you cannot play single player content. PvP is somewhat fun.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Boobi, it looks like from the video that the game plays automatically. Am I just not seeing the taps, or do you select your team and then they go without any direct control?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm having a hard time myself deciding whether or not to push further into this game. It does play automatically...you can sometimes find runes that give your team a 10% or so chance of targeting the weakest/strongest opponent, but otherwise you have no control whatsoever about who they attack. It can be extremely frustrating when they change their own targets, and an enemy with basically one hit left is ignored and allowed to continue hurting your team. And there is definitely a wall...I hit it during the campaign, where my team simply had no chance to progress, and then again while grinding earlier levels to level up my existing team. You can replay earlier levels a certain number of times to master them and earn gems, but the levels ramp up quickly in difficulty and leave you with few options besides paying or a very long and tedious grind to slowly earn gold and a minor bit of XP to level your team. The game looks good though, and I can tell there is a pretty cool collection of characters to find...I really want to like this game, but I definitely wrestling with moving forward. It seems like it would have been so easy to make it turn based, and give you some control over how the battles play out. It's very frustrating to watch your team lose in part to who they decided to target, instead of letting you direct them...
Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Iíve never played Dragon Age and had no vested interest in the IP aspect of the game. Honestly I thought Iíd hate it when I found out it was automatic combat, but tried it anyways because it was free and looked good. Surprisingly, the game is actually pretty fun. My observations so far:

1.Graphics: This is a pretty-looking game. The units all look neat and animations seem fluid. I actually get a bit excited with every new unit to see what kind of creature it is.

2.Gameplay: I thought I hated auto-controlled combat without exception, but DA seems to do it right. Each unit has a variety of forms of combat, from combat speed, special abilities, and range of damage, which ranges from single target, all targets, a column, or a row. In addition, there are benefits from using various factions that get bonuses against other factions, but also bonuses from being teamed up with full teams of one faction. To add to this, position also matters as units in the back get attack bonuses and units in front get health bonuses. Iíve found I have a very high win percentage in versus even against those with more invested in the game than me, mainly due to my team having more thought in who is fielded and where. Thus, the combat, while automatic, actually does feel like you have had a decent amount of control in the outcome. Plus, the battles can be fast forwarded and are fast, so you donít feel like your bogged down watching animations.

3.Currency and IAP: So there are two forms of in game currency; gold and gems. Gems are the rarest, you start with enough for one rare pack and can get more either with real money or by mastering stages, which involves completing the same stage multiple times as the difficulty ramps up with each attempt. You can easily do this enough to buy many more rare packs with no spending of real money. The other currency, gold, is easy to get coming from all normal single player missions and versus missions. With gold you can purchase packs that offer commons and uncommons mostly, but also do have a chance at giving rares.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
Iíve never played Dragon Age and had no vested interest in the IP aspect of the game.
You are missing one of the best RPG of the new Century, at least speaking of the first One + the Addons.

There is absolutly no reason why you shouldn't grab a Copy of Dragon Age the next Time it goes on Sale on Steam or GoG.com.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

So hearing of this pay wall completely ruins it for me. While I will entertain a free to play game that is enjoyable, I will not do so with a paywall.

Why do these great IP's shoot themselves with this disgusting pay model? These types of IP's (already highly recognized) have the potential to explode, as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot in which they did.

Heres to hoping it gets a balance update.