Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default IPad mini retina 64GB or 128GB?

I'm trying to decide between a 64GB model or a 128GB model on a new iPad mini retina. I currently use a iPod touch 4 8GB, an iPad 1 16GB, and an iPhone 5 16GB. And I have roughly 250GB worth of apps. So I'm currently very tight on space. Thanks for any advice!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

buy ipad mini 16gb wifi,why to save everything on idevice?i have ipad4 16gb and always have 5-8gb free,i am removing all game that i finished...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
I'm trying to decide between a 64GB model or a 128GB model on a new iPad mini retina. I currently use a iPod touch 4 8GB, an iPad 1 16GB, and an iPhone 5 16GB. And I have roughly 250GB worth of apps. So I'm currently very tight on space. Thanks for any advice!
Assuming you'll keep it for a few years, the more space the better I'd say. You already have a lot of apps, and the big ones from Gameloft etc already reach into 2/3gbs. I expect we'll see a few more pc conversions like UFO making their way to ios in the near future. Also, you're going to want space for media...(?) photos, video and music, or is it all netflix and spotify? If you can make use of cloud & streaming services then perhaps go for lower.

For reference, my iPad 2 is 64gb WiFi and I'm usually around 20gbs clear of the limit. It's about deleting all those impulse buys that you're never going to play, I've found!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
I will say the same thing I always say. Buy as much storage as you can reasonably afford, ALWAYS.

Whether hard drives or iDevices, it is incredibly short-sighted to scrimp on storage.

I cannot even begin to tell you how many sad friends and relatives I have encountered who initially said, "Whatever am I going to DO with all that storage," only to ultimately tell me they wished they had gone bigger.

Years and years or personal and anecdotal experience tells me, if you have the space, you'll fill it.

You're BEGINNING with 250 gigs, and you're a TA member, so you KNOW what the average week looks like as far as new apps go.

I've got the"bigger" iPhone 4, and the thing is CHOKED with apps I use on a weekly basis... can't WAIT to get into the 64gig iPhone 5.

DBC
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

^ i Dont entirely disagree, I am sure I have hundreds of GB worth of apps. But why do I need a device that can hold so much when I have a hundred games I havent even launched yet? so I have room to buy more games I will never have time to play? lol
Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I think that no matter how much space the device has, you will fill it up. With a 128 GB model you're just going to have a metric ton of apps you've forgotten you even have. Having said that, I think 16 GB is too small, especially with apps getting larger and larger. 32 GB minimum IMHO.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:19 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Higher a staff of trusted friends to play your back logged never played games. Then get them to advise you on the games you should and shouldn't invest your time in. See how simple it can be
In regards to storage the more you have the more you want to stuff it to the limit and that usually costs money. If that's not a problem knock yourself out!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

^^How high should the staff be?
Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
^^How high should the staff be?
Well lets just say it's hard to pull them away from playing Weed Farmer long enough to check out your games but it's possible
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Get 128 gb. I have 64 gb and regret it every single day.