★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Alhambra, winner of the German Spiel des Jahres 2003 award, now available on iOS!

Granada at the beginning of the 13th century - work has started on building the Alhambra

The best master builders in the whole of Europe and Arabia want to demonstrate their skills

Employ the most suitable teams of Builders and make sure that you always have enough of the right currency. Because no matter whether they are stonemasons from the north or horticulturists from the south - they all want a proper wage and insist on their "native" currency.

Play exciting games against the computer in 4 difficulty levels.
Or compete locally with your friends on one Device. Or play online with other players all over the world.

The interactive tutorial makes it easy to start even without knowing the rules.

If you already know the game start directly against the AIs. Adjust the game speed by selecting the right level of animations for your style of play.

Gain Achievements by building a supreme Alhambra!
Play your way to the top of the Ranking!
Enjoy the classic tile view or a brand new isometric view of your Alhambra!

andsoitgoes's comments:

A few things to temper everyone's excitement:

BGG users are reporting a slew of instability, the game crashes regularly.

It is made by the same developer of Kingdom Builder (who also publish the physical version of both games) and I think anyone who has played KB understands that's not a good thing.

The interface is passable at best.

That said, it's still Alhambra so...
10-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm tempted but curious to hear how other iPad 3, iOS 7.03 users have fared so far.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Insta
Insta
Installing
10-23-2013, 03:31 PM
I have the iPad 3 with 7.03 running. I played the tutorial (which was fine, I felt ready to go having never played the physical version), and a full game against the AI with no bugs or crashes. I really enjoyed it. I narrowly won against the beginner AI, and it seemed quite competent.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Ugh, well here goes $4 for a game that will likely confuse the crap out of me.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
10-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Ugh, well here goes $4 for a game that will likely confuse the crap out of me.
No, it's not too complex. Dice Tower has a nice review on youtube that explains the rules pretty well.
10-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
No, it's not too complex. Dice Tower has a nice review on youtube that explains the rules pretty well.
I was just partially kidding, the reason I know of the game was from watching it on Tabletop.

I might check that out, I remember being very confused by the scoring for Carcassonne initially . Carcassonne.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
10-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
I was just partially kidding, the reason I know of the game was from watching it on Tabletop.

I might check that out, I remember being very confused by the scoring for Carcassonne initially . Carcassonne.
I honestly think the scoring for Carcassonne is more complicated than this. The one caveat is that if you play a 2-player game, even against AI, a third dummy "Dirk" player collects building tiles to compete for majorities. It actually works out nicely, although I suppose you could just play against 2 AI opponents.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:

My bad, I'm terrible at picking up on sarcasm and the like on the internet.
10-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Does this game need you to keep rotating from vertical to horizontal for the screens as are in the app screenshots?