★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Retro64
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 11.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Crazy vampires that bump and spike!

These vampires are "dead" set on winning a volleyball tournament just for the creatures of the night! Battle your way through all the opponents to win the coveted Vampire Cup!

-1 or 2 player action

-8 unique vampires, each with their own special move

-3 different heroes, with unique jumps, kicks, and spikes

-Easy single button game play, or full d-pad movement

-Fluid animations and a rocking soundtrack

-GameCenter achievements

Retro64's comments:

Hi guys, we're happy to introduce our new game, Vampire Volleyball. It's inspired by the classic Arcade Volleyball from the Commodore 64 era! In single player, it's a punchout-style tournament. It also has two player, though that's best on an iPad It's 99 cents with no iAP.

Thanks!

Trailer:
10-24-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure I tested a build of this a while back but checking back on testflight there's no build so either it was withdrawn or I'm imagining things?
Either way I like same device multiplayer games and physics'y things so I'll pick this up today.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 10-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.

10-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I'm pretty sure I tested a bike of this a while back but checking back on testflight there's no build so either it was withdrawn or I'm imagining things?
Either way I like same device multiplayer games and physics'y things so I'll pick this up today.
Thanks! Yes, we did do a testflight beta here, but I think somehow several testers never got it due to a provisioning mistake on our part.
10-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Just played a few single player games and a multiplayer game, it's fun in both modes but one question, why do I only get to choose between 3 people in multiplayer and not all the skins?
10-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Just played a few single player games and a multiplayer game, it's fun in both modes but one question, why do I only get to choose between 3 people in multiplayer and not all the skins?
Honestly, there's no reason. Our logic was, "3 special moves, 3 skins". Now, some of the moves, for example, Felix's blowing, wouldn't be do'able for a human controlled player.

Or did you simply want to use the existing skins with the 3 available moves?
10-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro64 View Post
Honestly, there's no reason. Our logic was, "3 special moves, 3 skins". Now, some of the moves, for example, Felix's blowing, wouldn't be do'able for a human controlled player.

Or did you simply want to use the existing skins with the 3 available moves?
Just the skins would be fine, it was just seeing as there already there I thought you'd be able to use them. I can see how the specials wouldn't be fair but the more choice of skins he better . Same goes for single player I suppose.
10-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Just the skins would be fine, it was just seeing as there already there I thought you'd be able to use them. I can see how the specials wouldn't be fair but the more choice of skins he better . Same goes for single player I suppose.
Totally reasonable, and I can definitely add more in the first update
10-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Picked this up--kinda disappointed. Not very good. Not very exciting and really repetitive. Deleted. Pfttttt!