★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trouble getting rid of a Beta Game Adhoc Profile

08-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Trouble getting rid of a Beta Game Adhoc Profile

I was wondering how I could remove a Beta Game Adhoc that always seems to pop up again in the Profile section under the General Settings no matter how many times I click remove under the Provisioning section when I select the item. I just tried a DFU Restore with 3.01 on my iPhone 3G and the item reappeared so any help would be appreciated as I would really like all traces of this software removed from my iPhone.
08-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I guess I posted this at a bad time as it disappeared while most people were sleeping. Any help would be appreciated.

08-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Delete it straight from the profile file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
08-02-2009, 09:51 PM
On the phone or through iTunes? It seems to always return when I delete it from my phone whenever I sync it up.
08-02-2009, 10:06 PM
it should be on itunes google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
08-02-2009, 10:40 PM
if you have a PC:
Ok its a bit complex but here is what you do. go to your user file on your computer (if your account name is kyle than open the kyle folder where your documents, music etc. are) then click on tools and scroll down to folder options and open that. then open the "view" tab, look at advanced settings and check the circle that says "Show hidden files and folders". click ok at the bottom to save changes. then look at your account folder a folder should have popped up with the name AppData. open it, then open "roaming" then "apple computer", then "mobile device" and then there is a folder named "provisioning profiles" thats where you can delete or add ones to be synced to your device. Hope that helps

IDK about macs sorry.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
08-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Clymos, thanks for the info. I am running on Vista and your instructions made it easy to find and delete the file finally.
08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
No problem, I had the same issue since I have been in quite a few betas and having 15 provisioning profiles is not good haha.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.