★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blast! -

12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Blast! -

Hey everyone!

I've just released my first iPhone and iPod Touch game.

It's called BLAST! and it's a fast paced, action/arcade style shoot-em-up.
Simple premise, try to survive, and shoot the bad guys for a highscore.
(yelling BOOM Headshot! optional...but recommended)

visit us at http://www.daylater.com/blast for more info, or check us out in the app store here

- http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299127274&mt=8

We have lots of updates and new features planned, but we'd also like to hear what you think! Any feedback at all would be much appreciated.

Heres a new video in the meantime, enjoy!

Youtube link | Pop Up

-YouTube Link

Happy Holidays

Last edited by salsamd; 12-16-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: embedded video
12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
The game looks pretty cool. I like how it looks cartoony.

Just want to say good luck on any other games you're planning on developing. Hopefully this one will do well

Oh, and welcome to TouchArcade forums. I love seeing developers here

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Question- how does it control? I personally like tilting to move a crosshair around a screen- makes it feel more like you are aiming with a gun, rather than just tapping at enemies with your finger.
Graphics look great btw!
12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Question- how does it control? I personally like tilting to move a crosshair around a screen- makes it feel more like you are aiming with a gun, rather than just tapping at enemies with your finger.
Graphics look great btw!
Thanks!

The game is built to be very action/arcade oriented. So we opted for multi-touch input opposed to accelerometer tilt controls. We did a lot of research of what was already available, and was missing from the app store. We wanted do create something new thus ultimately decided Fast paced tapping was right direction.

You can actually use all of your fingers to shoot everything on screen really quickly... you won't be breaking any highscore records that way, but it sure is fun! The game rewards you for precise shots, and gives you a combo multiplier for every Consecutive kill. (Kills in a row)
12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Looks good I'll probably write about it in my blog.

iTouch Gaming
Willing to blog about your game to help devs get their game out. PM if interested.
12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Simplicity

The beauty of the game is its simplicity. There's no trying to rotate your character or tilt to aim. You just touch the guy you want to shoot. It's probably similar to the power that Vash the Stampede feels when he's shooting his guns (anime reference, sorry).

The fun of it is seeing how many guys you can kill in a certain amount of time (while also surviving for that time) or how long you can last with endless waves of baddies appearing.

In essence, it's a really cool version of whack-a-mole...
Which is a good thing. =)

-CommanderHate
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
Looks good I'll probably write about it in my blog.
Thanks!, We really appreciate any and all support we receive. If you do make a post, please send me a link so we can reference it on our website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderHate View Post

In essence, it's a really cool version of whack-a-mole...
Which is a good thing. =)

-CommanderHate
Haha, i've never heard it put that way, but i guess you're right! It's like EXTREME wack-a-mole. We wanted the game to be as simple and fun as possible, without being, well...lame. So it's good to hear that our intentions made it to the product.
12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Promo Codes - BLAST!

Thank you all for the support and to TouchArcade for hosting this forum, it's been a great resource!

Ok, so i hadn't thought about offering codes on a forum, but since there seems to be a lot of demand I thought, why not?
I'm going to offer 10 Promotional Codes for BLAST! to the first 10 people that send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE!
I don't want to add useless posts to this thread, so if you reply here you'll be out of luck. Sorry.

If you've already PM'd me you'll get a code regardless :P

Thanks again and have a BLAST!
12-12-2008, 12:32 PM
1 Promo Code left!

All Promo Codes are gone, Thanks for all the interest and support in our game!

I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback.

Last edited by Daylater; 12-12-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: updated promo code limit
12-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I really enjoyed this game. My impression is that this is essentially a souped up whack-a-mole type game, but with elves that also shoot at you. You can use up to two fingers to fire at the crazy Christmas helpers which take varying numbers of bullets to kill. A fun game, not too serious. Great for blasting away excess Christmas cheer.

I think this is going to make a great "pick up and play while waiting for something" game. Definite replayability value.