★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Block Clans is a fast open world action-adventure in third-person shooter style. Block Clans takes a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storyline and mission-based gameplay. Interact with the world at your leisure or advance by taking out the enemy gangs in each area to unlock more of the massive city.

STORY:
You take on the roll of Victor Monenski. A Russian assassin agent sent to take out the cartels who have taken control of the city. Accept the mission to kill all the gangs and clans. Stay away from the cops, they are corrupt and dangerous and protected by the Swat. Play smart, with long distance sniper rifles or enter a heated battle with machine guns, pistols and uzi's.

Block Clans allows you to explore a massive city to and advance further. Enter buildings, high rise skyscrapers, ship docks, boats, deserts, mountains and castles. Each gang controls a different area of the city. Approach each with a different strategic play.

FEATURES:
NO In-App Purchases
5 Camera Angles to choose from while playing; Third person perspective (TPS), First person perspective (FPS), Right side view, Left side view, Bird's-eye perspective
Great choice of weapons, machine guns, semi automatics, pistols, sniper rifles and more
Mission code to kill all the gangs and take back the city
Gangs, Citizens, Police and Swat
Huge world to explore and takeover. Enter buildings, boats, castles, underground subways and all areas of the city
Get away and hide from gangs till the heat dies down
Amazing action-adventure gameplay in TPS
Universal device support for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

We are committed to providing regular updates for Block Clans with new features and user requests. We love hearing from our players. Were constantly working to create the best experience possible and appreciate all your comments to improve the game. email: info@imagineink.co.uk

Performance may vary depending on device and firmware version. Always update game and device to latest version through Apple App Store, for the best performance.

Youtube Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2XM8UZugQ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlockClans
10-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm reluctant. Looks cool, but I'll wait for imps.

10-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I TOFTT and my experience is this .... I booted the game up to be presented with a nice looking world with my character in the third person minecraft view. It appears there are other players with guns in a pvp like death match setup. Then I fell out of the world and landed about 50 blocks lower trapped in a random bit of scenery.

I may try again to see if you can move to first person view to make the game even vaguely playable but I'm not hopeful there is much to see here. I will report back if anything else notable occurs if I can ever be bothered to boot this up again .....
10-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks to bigred447uk for TOFTT; hopefully they can polish this a tad more.
10-26-2013, 04:54 PM
If I had 3 bucks in my account, I'd buy this - Mai's previous Minecraft game was pretty well done (though it could have benefited from a "lower quality graphics" toggle for older devices...)

Also: I'm unfortunately away from home (and our iPad) for the time being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Well this is unexpected.
10-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Left a comment on the other thread but will say the same here, bought today and installed on iPad 2 with iOS 6 and app kept crashing on the load screen, did all the usual, made sure all other apps were closed, reinstalled etc but still crashing on load screen, tried on iPad mini with ios7 and same issues. So at the moment it's totally unplayable. I'll not leave bad feedback on this but can't leave good either.

I'm hoping for a fix soon as my kid was really looking forward to this and at over 500mb when installed its taking a lot of space on her device. I'm hoping a fix comes soon, if not I'll be asked to delete and reinstall the games she deleted to make space for this.
10-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Also emailed to the email address given in the app description but it's been returned as an invalid email address.
10-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Ok unless it wasn't clear earlier... I gave this another chance to fully check I wasn't missing anything. ... You're not missing anything. This is terrible. I managed to run around a bit before falling through the world this time. The gameplay is dire and there are no options or settings. This is awful and not worth anyone's money imo.
10-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
Ok unless it wasn't clear earlier... I gave this another chance to fully check I wasn't missing anything. ... You're not missing anything. This is terrible. I managed to run around a bit before falling through the world this time. The gameplay is dire and there are no options or settings. This is awful and not worth anyone's money imo.
I was hoping you were gonna come came back to say that you'd missed summat and had nice things to say. At least you've got past the load screen which is further than us my daughter had such high hopes for this based on the screen shots.