★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ThunderWorks
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 20.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A fantastic new runner game with ALL NET PROCEEDS GOING TO HELP HOMELESS PETS! Youre an adorable little dog playing in the park. But now youve lost your family and a thunderstorm is coming! Run to find your family before you are overcome with anxiety. Challenge your reflexes and test your timing while you run through a neighborhood. Avoid hydrants, mailboxes, construction, angry dogs and other obstacles that heighten your anxiety. Collect ThunderTreats to use in the PetShop to purchase power ups and other powers. Accomplish challenging missions for bonuses. Spray your ThunderSpray and snag Power Up tokens as you run to reduce your anxiety. Reach a shelter for temporary safety. Tap to jump obstacles, or if collect a ThunderShirt power up, tilt to fly through the air and avoid airborne dangers. And there is much more. How far can you make it without being overcome!?!

ThunderWorks is donating all net proceeds from ThunderRush to PetSmart Charities. So for just a very low price, you get a great game for your kids (or the kid in you) AND you help some of the millions of homeless pets in the United States.
10-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Let's see...

1. $1 price tag
2. Empty Flask Games (are they really involved in the project? sorry to ask, but i dont find their name anywhere in the description)
3. Donate to help homeless pets
4. Runner
5. Nice art style

... It doesnt get any instabuy-ier than this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
2. Empty Flask Games (are they really involved in the project? sorry to ask, but i dont find their name anywhere in the description)
Yus. I has teh insaidur infoZ, bro.

Don't worry, they are.
10-28-2013, 06:34 AM
You have the trailer gameplay of this game? Plz share it!
10-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Let's see...

1. $1 price tag
3. Donate to help homeless pets
4. Runner
5. Nice art style

... It doesnt get any instabuy-ier than this.
Hello EP Yes, Empty Flask is the developer for the game This was a very short but fun development, obviously, very different to my usual stuff, but diversity is good right

Let me know what you think - intent is to have a cute kid game, featuring the mascot from ThunderWorks.

No trailer at the moment unfortunately, need to get licensor's marketing team to create one.

Hope you all enjoy the game
10-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I decided to pick this one up and I'm sorry to say that I can't recommend it.

+ cute graphics
+ the amount of "coins" (don't know what exactly it is) you earn per run seems pretty fair

- even the usual tap to jump, double tap for double jump controls feel off
- it takes way to long until things get interesting, the game is too easy
- the same obstacles over and over again
- after 2 runs I already completed 9/10 gc-achievements

If you're searching for a new cute game for your kids, this might be worth a look. To everyone else, like I said above, I can't recommend it. Maybe EP has a different and more positive opinion about the game.

Game Center: sink_or_swim