★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hunter Sub ($.99)

08-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Hunter Sub ($.99)

Hunter Sub is an incredibly simple and addictive World War II submarine battle game.

Touch and drag to plot your submarine's course. Target those huge oil tankers in the convoy. Dive and "Run Silent and Deep" to avoid the Destroyer closing in on you.

FEATURES
⚓ Simple additive gameplay.
⚓ Easy and intuitive controls.
⚓ Unlimited number of missions - Each convoy is unique.
⚓ Several military ships with different abilities.
⚓ Different merchant ships of various sizes.
⚓ "Fast Forward" and "Super Fast Forward" play modes.
⚓ Top ten mission results charts.
⚓ Total career stats charted.
⚓ Overall career rating score.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323955346&mt=8

08-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Good Looking game.
A tip would be to add an lite version so people can see how this game works before they purchase it
08-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I like the art work, and how it tells you the tonnage you've sunk! good luck Hunter Sub!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
08-02-2009, 05:01 PM
is this like coast guard or battleship or something?
08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
It is a World War II U-Boat simulation. You scope out the convoy - figure out what and how you want to attack - draw a line to set the sub's path - dive - surface - fire torpedoes - try to avoid the military ships when they come after you.

I tried write the game so that it could played as a quick casual game or also a more deep simulation. Each ship has its own characteristics - some can take more damage - some can turn and accelerate more.

Also added a career ranking score that keeps track of how you have done throughout your whole career and gives you an numerical ranking. I want to hook that up to an online ranking system like OpenFeint or something similar.

More later... Got to head off to a family get-together...

Kevin Ryan
Top Meadow Inc.
Hunter Sub -- Buggle -- Balls Away!
Follow me on Twitter
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
One other thing. I wanted to give it a 1940s feel so the music/artwork has a early 1940s World War II style.

Kevin Ryan
Top Meadow Inc.
Hunter Sub -- Buggle -- Balls Away!
Follow me on Twitter