★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mixed Up
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 23.9 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Test your skills, try this innovative and original physics based game. Prepare yourself for the ultimate Skydiving experience. Touch the screen and choose to freefall or fly with your parachute through amazing challenging courses. Enjoy realistic physics and work out how to reach the landing grass area safely. Fly through obstacles and winds from all directions, jump on trampolines, take elevators and finally land on moving trucks, spaceships, up on hills or down a tunnel!

A fun series of carefully graded levels that will teach you the necessary skills to eventually tackle the most challenging courses. Collect stars on the way and unlock levels. Win medals for speed and accuracy. The more you play the more fun youll soon have in this mind blowing game!

YouTube: http://youtu.be/zKA7VvYhSCI
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parachutistgame

Features
* Game Center Enabled (High Score, Best Times per Level)
* Physics based
* No Ads
* Simple touch controls (touch screen and tilt)
* Choose or alternate between flying with your parachute or freefall by taping the screen
* Tilt the screen to direct yourself
* Win medals when you reach the landing grass in a given time
* Collect stars and unlock levels
* Improve your scoreboard
* Optional Sina Weibo/ email/Twitter/Facebook and Twitter posting to show off your best scores
* Ability to Unlock Next Level if you are stuck

dclose's comments:

10-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I received a promo code for this app, and I must say that while it's bare-bones graphics, the game play is quite challenging, different and fun! I am very pleasantly surprised by it.

You need to tap to start the parachutist running off whatever cliff he happens to be currently on, then remember to tap to get him to open his parachute once he starts to fall, then tilt to collect stars -- but not too much or too soon, else the parachute will collapse and won't go where you want it to! And then glide him to a gentle landing.

I think it's hilarious when I forget to tap to open his chute and he plummets. Oops! There might be a few too many taps in there for some folks, but once you get the hang of it (and it does require some practice), this is a very nicely challenging game.

10-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Looks right up my alley, will pick this one up tonight
10-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Core gameplay is very good, and deserves a much better effort from an overall technical/graphic design/polish standpoint. As is, this is still worth a look, but is probably most notable for its unfulfilled potential.
10-28-2013, 08:26 PM
New update of Parachutist in 2 weeks with Game Center support for each levels and overall. Thank you so much for your reviews, the game becomes more challenging as you go up in levels where it will surely feel less "bare". I hope you are having fun and I'll see you soon on the leaderboards! Yes it takes a bit to get used to. The game will also have a night and day play in the next update.
10-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Game Impressions

New update of Parachutist in 2 weeks with Game Center support for each levels and overall. Thank you so much for your reviews, the game becomes more challenging as you go up in levels where it will surely feel less "bare". I hope you are having fun and I'll see you soon on the leaderboards! Yes it takes a bit to get used to. The game will also have a night and day play in the next update.
10-28-2013, 08:36 PM
That sounds great. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I can't wait to get done at work and buy it.
10-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Core gameplay is very good, and deserves a much better effort from an overall technical/graphic design/polish standpoint.
I agree with Gabrien. You (dev) might want to focus future efforts on finding an artist to flesh out your concept. One of the hardest things to get right in a game is the physics, and yours is spot-on! With a bit of polish, this game could be a real winner. As it is, it's a hidden unpolished gem, and likely to stay rather hidden. Sad to say, looks do count for a lot of buyers.
10-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Thank you so much everyone. We spent so much time on studying the physics behind skydiving and trying to recreate the feel. We will work on the look. Next update (in less than 2 weeks) will have night skydiving which looks a better.