★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF OUTRAGEOUS EXPLORATION!

Thats right gamings reputed weakest character has finally made his way to your iOS device, and his fate rests squarely in your hands. Now you can search for legendary treasures anywhere, anytime everyday!

THE ORIGINAL CONSOLE VERSION FAITHFULLY RECREATED!

The game is faithful to the original console version down to how quickly the hyperventilating explorer burns through his air supply. But youll also be holding your breath as you try to maneuver past bats, spiders, snakes and other horrors lurking throughout the four colossal levels!

ADDITIONAL CONTENT CREATED FOR EVERYDAY SPELUNKER!

If Spelunkers crazy antics warm your heart, then take heed; two brand new adventures can be purchased from within the game: Episode 2: Deep into Another Mine and Episode 3: New Challenges. And stay tuned for even more

THAT EERIE CHANGE IN MUSIC CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING

A nasty ghost has caught your scent!! These relentless pests have been waiting around for three decades for a new slew of unsuspecting explorers and theyre primed to exact their revenge. But dont overlook a steam geyser, pit or ledge or youll be quickly reminded of why the Spelunkers who live to see daylight are a select breed.

A LITTLE LOVE FROM THE DEVELOPERS

In case you havent noticed a recurring theme there are tons of ways to die in Spelunker! So, to show how much we feel your pain, weve added a couple features sure to help in your descent. The rope assist feature that can be activated in the UI and will make jumping from rope to ledge a much safer prospect than ever before. The endless continues feature will afford you all the patience needed to pull all your hair out.

FEATURES

Four colossal caves to explore in the Main Game.
Dynamite blasting, flare launching fun!
New rope assist feature assures no-slip grip on ropes.
New endless continues feature may let you complete the game for the very first time.
Cart riding, quicksand running fun!
Supports iOS Game Center leaderboards and achievements!
Episode 2: Deep into Another Mine is available as in-app purchase.
Episode 3: New Challenges is available as in-app purchase.
Contains wallpaper and sound options.
10-29-2013, 03:58 AM
This is supposed to be one of the most difficult platform games ever, I'd get it but I've spent way too much lately on apps, I think it's the C64 version, or NES not certain.

10-29-2013, 04:02 AM
I love the idea of outrageously difficult games, however I am worried as this is a console conversion. Touch controls simply do not have the same precision as a physical controller. I'm more than open to reviews and impressions though
10-29-2013, 04:20 AM
Waiting for your reviews.

Pine Entertainment
10-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Well made game in Famicom, but not sure in iOS.
10-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Awesome game. Didn't know this was coming out. Used to be one of my favorite games for the NES long ago. Played through 3 levels of the first cave so far and can say the controls are every bit as good as the original. You'd think touchscreen controls for a precise game like this wouldn't work, but they work flawlessly for me. With the unlimited continues, you'll probably get further than you ever did before. Sound and graphics are spot on. Highly recommended for fans of the original...
10-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Similar to Spelunky?
10-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Similar to Spelunky?
This is one of the original games that Spelunky was based on.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
10-29-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm getting a slight delay with the down key/button and no auto-rotate. The down button can be slightly annoying when on a rope. Apart from that it does exactly what it sets out to do.
10-29-2013, 11:39 AM
So I'd have to play this 2x mode on ipad? If so, I have to pass