★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

It's so sad....

View Poll Results: How many iTouches have you seen with the same crap-apps?
1-5 17 33.33%
5-10 5 9.80%
15-20 5 9.80%
25-50 2 3.92%
I've seen so many it's sad.. 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
08-02-2009, 05:45 PM
It's so sad....

It's so sad to see kids iPod Touches filled with crap-apps... One day I was in school and at breaktime every body was showing their iTouch and I saw what apps they had....Oh my god....It was sad....really sad... All of the boys had apps like iFart, Be like Lil' Wayne, Flashlight, iZippo Lighter, iBeer, and Shotgun. Then the Girls had, iMirror, Be Like Lady Gaga (No Surprise), Lie Detector Test, and iZippo (What's New...). Here's my point, look at the top paid apps, then look at the top free apps, there's something in common...it's the QUALITY! I mean look at "All 51 Games FREE!", the common iDevice owner probably thought "I can get 51 games for free!?! Awesome...." It's just sad to see apps like this come to the top and take hold of a spot for a while. It just makes me mad that there are devs out there who work their butts off to make a great game and it doesn't get any attention. It hurts! I'd be disappointed if that were me! Sorry about ranting but, I think the hard-working devs need a chance, not Khalid Shaikh, DS Effects, LOLriffic Stuff, or Royal Gadget. Who's with me?

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
08-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Brah, it does not matter as long as it makes them happy. Ignorance is bliss.

08-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
It's so sad to see kids iPod Touches filled with crap-apps... One day I was in school and at breaktime every body was showing their iTouch and I saw what apps they had....Oh my god....It was sad....really sad... All of the boys had apps like iFart, Be like Lil' Wayne, Flashlight, iZippo Lighter, iBeer, and Shotgun. Then the Girls had, iMirror, Be Like Lady Gaga (No Surprise), Lie Detector Test, and iZippo (What's New...). Here's my point, look at the top paid apps, then look at the top free apps, there's something in common...it's the QUALITY! I mean look at "All 51 Games FREE!", the common iDevice owner probably thought "I can get 51 games for free!?! Awesome...." It's just sad to see apps like this come to the top and take hold of a spot for a while. It just makes me mad that there are devs out there who work their butts off to make a great game and it doesn't get any attention. It hurts! I'd be disappointed if that were me! Sorry about ranting but, I think the hard-working devs need a chance, not Khalid Shaikh, DS Effects, LOLriffic Stuff, or Royal Gadget. Who's with me?
dude i know exactly how you feel- then when some people see my iPhone they say "wow you have too many apps" or "how could you pay $10 for an app?!?!?!" it makes me so mad...
08-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I get an ego boost knowing that other people have crap while I have a gold mine.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.
08-02-2009, 05:52 PM
This topic reminded me that my friends are amazed that i can run windows 3 on my ipod.
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, being kids, they are probably not the richest of citizens and therefore will download any app so long as it's free. Regardless of quality.
I get what you are saying but those kids can do what they want, and I don't blame them for only downloading free apps. At their age, it's not like they can afford all of these premium games which are coming out at quite a rate.

Hakuna Matata
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkedhunter View Post
This topic reminded me that my friends are amazed that i can run windows 3 on my ipod.
Same for me when I run gba, nes, and psx emulators.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.
08-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Well, being kids, they are probably not the richest of citizens and therefore will download any app so long as it's free. Regardless of quality.
I get what you are saying but those kids can do what they want, and I don't blame them for only downloading free apps. At their age, it's not like they can afford all of these premium games which are coming out at quite a rate.
You make it sound like it's hard to access. In my area there's an itunes giftcard at every single checkout counter. I'm sure kids can afford 15$ a week on newspaper deliveries.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
08-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCRX View Post
You make it sound like it's hard to access. In my area there's an itunes giftcard at every single checkout counter. I'm sure kids can afford 15$ a week on newspaper deliveries.
nowadays (in my area) kid are getting lazier and lazier. They don't want to do an honest job for honest pay

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
nowadays (in my area) kid are getting lazier and lazier. They don't want to do an honest job for honest pay
I am pretty sure paper boy is not even a real job anymore. Such an 80s thing. If your a kid your gonna have a hard time getting a job before 16, employers don't like the whole workers permeant thing. Not to say it is impossible, My friend works at a record store.

Just listens to music all day and gets $128 a week for 16 hours of work. Lucky bastard.