Riddick: the Merc Files - $.99 sale.

10-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Riddick: the Merc Files - $.99 sale.

I've heard nothing but terrible things about this game... It's on sale for $.99 now though.

On the bright side, there is a lite version.
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/riddick-the-merc-files-lite/id724596629?mt=8

Last edited by Nobunaga; 10-29-2013 at 04:01 PM.
10-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Haha, no one cares.
10-30-2013, 02:18 PM
It's not the best stealth title, but it has its moments. There are 3 objectives each map so that means you'll have to replay the maps to complete the objectives. This can come out as repetitive, but for a completionist, this is replay value.

Controls work well for me, and the art style is the cel shaded graphics of old.

What the game needs is a proper story line to wade through til the end. This is what makes things feel repetitive for me. Coz there's nothing more than just doing mission after mission 3 times without any long term reward, other than getting to 3-star the mission.

If you like stealth games this one's pretty decent at a buck. It has zero IAPs as well.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It's not the best stealth title, but it has its moments. There are 3 objectives each map so that means you'll have to replay the maps to complete the objectives. This can come out as repetitive, but for a completionist, this is replay value.

Controls work well for me, and the art style is the cel shaded graphics of old.

What the game needs is a proper story line to wade through til the end. This is what makes things feel repetitive for me. Coz there's nothing more than just doing mission after mission 3 times without any long term reward, other than getting to 3-star the mission.

If you like stealth games this one's pretty decent at a buck. It has zero IAPs as well.
Agreed. If this had a story mode and a reward system, it could actually be a more compelling game. As it is, it's a solid stealth game with too much wasted potential, but worth a look regardless.
10-30-2013, 04:26 PM
I think it needs some kind of vstick controls.