★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Thruster
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 79.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Join the Annoying Orange and his entourage for this splatterific home run derby game that is sure to put you in stiches. Swipe for the fences and induce maximum pain (and points) on unsuspecting fruits like Apple, Banana and Cantaloupe in the Kitchen of Casualty.

Features:

Tons of characters and hilarious color commentary from Apple, Strawberry, Banana, the Annoying Orange and more!

Bruise, burn, slice, freeze, electrocute and eviscerate your favorite fruits with a multitude of dangers in the Kitchen!

A variety of pitches that start easy but will quickly challenge your timing and accuracy!

Over 30 achievements to test your Resolve which you will need plenty of after a round of this game. HAHAHA!

Level up and earn points to spend on improving your key hitting stats!

Powerful bonus items to maximize your hitting power and accuracy!
10-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks bro for adding this thread

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!

10-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Anyone played this? Looks interesting, I'm on my way to work but will buy it in the morning.
10-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I loved the first one and they updated it regularly with new content, so this is a no-brainer.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
10-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I loved the first one and they updated it regularly with new content, so this is a no-brainer.
Thanks, will certainly give it a try.
10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Even though I hate the annoying orange I tried this before and it plays like "flick home run" where something comes at you from the right hand side of the screen and you use your finger to flick it away and then watch it fly. Afterwards you can upgrade you power and contact abilitys.
Personally i still hate the annoying orange so I deleted it and kept flick home run HD but it's not a bad game and if you like the stuff then it's probably more funny.
Worth 69p anyway as even I had half an hour playtime out of it before deleting it.
10-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Purchased for my daughter who is 8, she is allowed one paid game a month but I relented and bought her this as she has done extra well at school this term. We've both had a play on it. None of us have played annoying orange games before.

My impressions. Graphic wise it reminds me of web flash games, the idea is to hit the fruit as it comes from the right side of the screen, you get varying points based on where the fruit lands with more points added for things like landing in the blender. The points you gain then go towards levelling up, with each level up you get to upgrade your power or contact which then helps you hit further. You start with ten balls and if you fruit does not travel a certain distance then you lose a ball, your turn is over when all balls have gone. To control you hold the baseball in and then swip towards the fruit, a helpful hint will pop up if you are crap, like me lol, I found the controls clunky and sometimes it didn't register my move at all, making me lose a ball and reducing my score. The annoying orange becomes annoying with his comments on your performance after each turn. Not sure how intrusive the iaps will be but so far they don't seem essential. Not my cup of tea and i would never have purchased for myself but I had a good half hour playing on my daughters iPad.

My Daughters Impressions. Ha ha ha ha it's awesome, ha ha ha ha.

Well worth the price tag just for the enjoyment it's brought her
10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Im 37 and I purchased it earlier today. Great game as well as the original. I like the home run derby and I'm sure if the game continues to sell well, more modes will be added. Over 2,000 players on Game Center and it hasn't been advertised in the N/N store yet...

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We are actively working on a number of polish items, power-ups and a character to add for an upcoming update. Would love to hear more feedback and suggestions for improvement.