Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Monster Loves You! by Radial Games Corp [Universal]

Quote:
The game is out at New Zealand. Size 53.5 MB
Price in NZ $4.19 or USD $2.99 (No IAP)

Requirements: iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description

Devour Hansel and Gretel. Save Little Red Riding Hood. Eat the Three Little Pigs.

Monster Loves You! is an interactive story where you live the life of a Monster, making decisions about what to eat and how to steer the future of Monsterkind.

BE A MONSTERLING
What do you do when three angry bears discover a child in their cabin? Or when you spy a wolf hunting down a young woman? As a Monsterling, your choices are simple ones. Do you chase those poor little mice (+1 Ferocity) or protect them from the dogs (+1 Kindness)? These early choices determine your personality.

LEAD THE MONSTERS
But all youngins must grow up and make tougher decisions. When Monster/Human relations are on the line, do you help lost children find their way home (+1 Cleverness)? Or do you fatten them up for Human foie gras and share them with your village (+1 Respect)?

KEY FEATURES
* Balance Bravery, Cleverness, Ferocity, Honesty, Kindness, and Respect to wield political power.
* Over 900 choices to make. Devour Little Red Riding Hood. Gobble up Hansel and Gretel. Eat the Three Little Pigs.
* Encounter different adventures each time you play, with a dozen or so possible endings.
* Bonus: Become a Neurosurgeon without having to attend medical school. That's value!

iPhone Screenshot

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've heard great things about this one and at that price it's a no brainer.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:13 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This actually looks really interesting.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is what you get when you take a work of interactive fiction like Choice of the Dragon and apply multimedia bells, whistles and polish to make it more appealing and accessible to a wider audience. It's a positive thing, and in that regard it's not dissimilar to what inkle did with the Sorcery! series, or what Forge Reply are doing with Lone Wolf.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-30-2013, 04:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I have this on steam. It oozes character, literally and metaphorically. If they didn't screw up the port and it's kept all the features, it's a very, very good game (though it's more akin to a monster life story thingie as opposed to a direct game, game).
Old 10-30-2013, 05:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This sounds like my type of thing, I'll be picking this up in a few hours when it hits the store.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Okay I want this! But does anyone who's played it know how long it lasts or replayability? By the description it seems like you'd be done with the game in like an hour or so? You just choose paths to become a different monster but it seems like there's only so many outcomes..
Old 10-30-2013, 06:15 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Okay I want this! But does anyone who's played it know how long it lasts or replayability? By the description it seems like you'd be done with the game in like an hour or so? You just choose paths to become a different monster but it seems like there's only so many outcomes..
Been playing this for a while. There's some randomization in scenarios you pick, but you'll eventually see the same scenes over and over again. There are many choices to make, but there seems to be only one or two parts of the game where an outcome depends on a stat level (there are four or five stats). It took me nearly 20-25 minutes to get the first (not so desirable) outcome.

It's fun--but the narrative is a bit 'disjointed': you're introduced to many characters and their ethical/moral 'conundrums', but it's hard to get too invested into anybody/anything--a consequence of having many random scenarios.

There seems to be a typesetting bug too: I can't read some text because of weird formatting glitches that display code.

It's a cute visual novel-type sim, though I can recommend it for its price.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

It's fairly replayable, though the scenario pool is a little on the small side, on account of the fact that you have several very distinct stages of monster life to work through. That said, there's multiple solutions and outcomes to each scenario, and later on the choices you make earlier which influence your skills, will feed into your chances of success at later "tests". So developing your monster down specific skill lines will influence quite heavily the later phases of the game.